Week 15 GDT: Everyone Sucks. Everything Sucks. Life is Random Chaos. Who is Good in the Draft?

EaglesPeteC

13 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

This is what erks me the most. We just came of All Pro Seasons for both JB and Slay playing mostly Zone coverages but go full blown Jim Schwartz I want to run my GD scheme , You  all just fit! Round peg, square hole syndrome. 

You then add the absurd notion Desai seems to have that both JB and Slay can somehow travel M2M, switch sides, it's even more mind-boggling to me. 

Last season everyone yelled about playing zone all the time 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

This is what erks me the most. We just came of All Pro Seasons for both JB and Slay playing mostly Zone coverages but go full blown Jim Schwartz I want to run my GD scheme , You  all just fit! Round peg, square hole syndrome. 

You then add the absurd notion Desai seems to have that both JB and Slay can somehow travel M2M, switch sides, it's even more mind-boggling to me. 

Yeah, silly Desai, expecting those guys making all that money to line up and cover their man.  

26 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yeah, silly Desai, expecting those guys making all that money to line up and cover their man.  

No what's silly is not continuing to utilize those ALL PRO CB's to thier strengths the very next season!

It's the equivalent of Desai taking Richard Sherman and telling him go be Darrell Revis play M2M, in my defense. Taking Sauce, I want you to go play zone, 🖕 M2M.  It's literally that level of stupidity. 

It's not rocket science.  Great Coaches and Coordinators adapt to players strengths,  not the other way around. Fit into my ****, sink or swim.

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Last season everyone yelled about playing zone all the time 🤣

Rather give up yards but not TD's and 3rd down conversions if that's what actually works. Wasn't me complaining last year, promise you that.

Edited by Nabbs4u

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Rather give up yards but not TD's and 3rd down conversions if that's what actually works. Wasn't me complaining last year, promise you that.

Are we focusing on the wrong problem? I mean this is an historically bad 3rd down defense with a tremendous amount of resources put into effecting the QB. The back 7 was never built to be lock down. They were built to compliment a great pass rush which isn’t effecting the QB enough 

38 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Are we focusing on the wrong problem? I mean this is an historically bad 3rd down defense with a tremendous amount of resources put into effecting the QB. The back 7 was never built to be lock down. They were built to compliment a great pass rush which isn’t effecting the QB enough 

We have been trying to explain this to Nabbs for the better part of two weeks.  He does not see that this problem has been apparent for a long time.

@Rookie Kelee Ringo is slated to start at CB for the #Eagles in place of the injured Darius Slay (knee) for Monday night’s game at the Seahawks, per NFL sources.

Eagles are down 2 other starters:

Veteran reserve Sua Opeta will start for the injured Cam Jurgens (pec) at RG.

And the recently-acquired Shaq Leonard will start for the injured Zach Cunningham (knee).”

now Hurts downgraded to questionable because of illness 

🫥

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

@Rookie Kelee Ringo is slated to start at CB for the #Eagles in place of the injured Darius Slay (knee) for Monday night’s game at the Seahawks, per NFL sources.

Eagles are down 2 other starters:

Veteran reserve Sua Opeta will start for the injured Cam Jurgens (pec) at RG.

And the recently-acquired Shaq Leonard will start for the injured Zach Cunningham (knee).”

now Hurts downgraded to questionable because of illness 

🫥

Not opposed to throwing Kelee into the fire. Need to learn a little about him.

8 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

They’re making it sound like Hurts is pretty damn sick, for his sake I hope he just rests this week. Trotting out a sick, already hobbled, QB sounds like a bad idea. Think our run game could benefit from Mariota.

I want McKee but I know Mariota willl be the one if Hurts cannot go. I’m down for resting hurts and once we clinch a spot to rest everyone until the WC round if DAL becomes out of reach. 9ers aren’t losing the rest of the way (including the playoffs lol).