2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

I think it makes sense to sign and draft a WR early.  But like KT said, a journeyman/WR3 or 4 type makes the most sense.  The roster is hot trash, but trying to fix everything in one season just ain't happening.  I'd prefer the big swings to be at CB.  The draft isn't as deep there.

Take Alt/Fashanu/Fuaga at 7, take the best WR available at 38, and then BPA the rest of the way.  Draft another receiver while you're at it.  This class is like 20+ players deep in Day 1 contributors.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I have good reason to believe he will be a target for us. 

It'd be nice to not need to spend that fourth rounder on a CB.  The talent that looks to be there at IOL, WR, TE, RB, and DL is a lot better IMO than the talent at DB.

Consensus big board has Jaylen Wright, Mekhi Wingo, Christian Jones, Theo Johnson, Javon Baker, Ray Davis, Ben Sinnot, and Mohamed Kamara all available there.  Realistically, I think most of them are gone IRL, but man.  I would be really happy to add any of that group to the WR/OT combo from the first two rounds.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It'd be nice to not need to spend that fourth rounder on a CB.  The talent that looks to be there at IOL, WR, TE, RB, and DL is a lot better IMO than the talent at DB.

Consensus big board has Jaylen Wright, Mekhi Wingo, Christian Jones, Theo Johnson, Javon Baker, Ray Davis, Ben Sinnot, and Mohamed Kamara all available there.  Realistically, I think most of them are gone IRL, but man.  I would be really happy to add any of that group to the WR/OT combo from the first two rounds.

i'm heavily in favor of stacking CBs in FA. ultimately at some point we really need a number 1 guy, but priority 1 this year is evaluating will levis, and given our other needs, getting adequate players in the room for now is fine. awuzie is a callahan connection, ronald darby played really well under dennard wilson last year, someone like a kendall fuller or keisean nixon is also an option. grab two of those guys if at all possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i'm heavily in favor of stacking CBs in FA. ultimately at some point we really need a number 1 guy, but priority 1 this year is evaluating will levis, and given our other needs, getting adequate players in the room for now is fine. awuzie is a callahan connection, ronald darby played really well under dennard wilson last year, someone like a kendall fuller or keisean nixon is also an option. grab two of those guys if at all possible.

Agreed.  If Levis develops we can have the worst defense in the NFL, as far as I'm concerned, but the FA market for OLs and WRs isn't great, and the CB market looks very good.  Signing one young, talented, big name corner to a long term contract would be a big win for the FO to me.

Then use that fourth rounder on Mekhi Wingo and every other pick on offense.

I'm going to hope for the Baltimore template of corners on defense. 

They had a group of middling B to high C level CB's in people like Rock Ya-Sin and Ronald Darby. 

I know Humphrey is an A level Corner but he was hurt for a good portion of the year.

So if we can sign Darious Williams, Awuzie and say Rock Ya-Sin in FA to pair with McCreary and a rookie. That is a good CB room. 

20 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I’d take Diggs in a heartbeat. Adam’s has history with Wilson, would have to take a prove it deal with his injury history

I'd play Adams as a quasi LB spot if he were to be interested. 

looks like ridley's hitting the market. he'd be a big upgrade on anyone we have in terms of separation skills, but dropping WR1 money on a 29 year old whose play has been inconsistent feels rich. idk how i'd feel about it.

10 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Just give the bag to Chris Jones. Build an elite defense.

I wouldn't mind paying a little less and going after Christian Wilkins.