Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

4 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I like Anthony Miller too, but I want to see how he stacks up in the bowl game when facing more NFL style opponents. I'm worried separation might be a problem at the next level. 

Yep. That's the main concern with him for sure. He's gonna have to get real good at the Antonio Brown "just enough OPI to get loose but not enough for it to get called" play. If he does that, he'll be fantastic, if he doesn't, probably a career #3 guy (not necessarily slot, #3 as in the 3rd best WR on a good team.)

7 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Yep. That's the main concern with him for sure. He's gonna have to get real good at the Antonio Brown "just enough OPI to get loose but not enough for it to get called" play. If he does that, he'll be fantastic, if he doesn't, probably a career #3 guy (not necessarily slot, #3 as in the 3rd best WR on a good team.)

The ghost of Brian Robiskie haunts us sadly. Miller will probably be great anywhere but here. 

30 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I'm pretty sure that Miller is the same age as Ridley if not older.  I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he is.

Yeah but Miller is a Senior and I think a RS one that’s more in line than what’s expected. Ridley is a 23 year old true junior. 

So development wise to me there’s a difference 

I’d take Either in the second though 

combine is gonna help Miller show if he’s athletic enough 

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Seperation should be the least of his problems. Quickness is his best attribute. He's the kind of guy that can change direction three times before the other has changed once. And he's probably the best route runner in this class. His chief issue will be getting off the line cleanly.

5 hours ago, bruceb said:

I wonder what douches like this think when they tweet things like this. 

That was my first thought. I almost bit but thankfully I don't have a twitter account and wasn't going to waste time making one.

Still I bet there are a lot of soft idiots like this that he comes into contact with.

8 hours ago, bruceb said:

I wonder what douches like this think when they tweet things like this. 

I wonder what Darnold thinks about playing for the Browns. I could understand being hesitant playing for us given our history since coming back into the league, and the instability we've had with Jimmy Haslam as the owner. However, if you believe you're the real deal at QB, then you shouldn't care that the Browns are a "QB graveyard". Plus, they should realize what an absolute legend they would be in Cleveland if they were the franchise QB to turn the team around. They'd be a bigger legend here than they'd be in any other city. Hell, they could be as big as LeBron since Cleveland is still truly a football town.

10 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Penney is intriguing for sure. I really want to see Ronald Jones vs OSU in this bowl game. 

I'm kinda on that train, he has hella acceleration into the hole and has good vision. Also Leighton Vander Esch really opened my eyes, this guy is a beast.

Ok so I watched the UCLA Memphis game. As you know I like to watch games that have two qb prospects playing. After watching the Miller highlights video posted earlier I came away somewhat impressed with Riley Ferguson. So I watched the above game. After watching it Ferguson is now on my must watch more list. I really like him. Obviously not over Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield. Also I’m definitely on the Miller bandwagon. LOVE his football intensity. He’s just out there making plays. And as I’ve stated before I like Lasley. 

Oh and people really need to get off the his teammates don’t like him (Rosen btw) and he’s not coachable crap. His teammates were constantly interacting with him in a positive way. After a couple really stupid ints he threw a ton of them went to him patting him on his back to cheer him up. 

Following video interviews Mora about him. Sounds like a really crappy person?  Although he may want to watch him closer around his daughter! :D

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/undisputed/video/1120668739575

17 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Penney is intriguing for sure. I really want to see Ronald Jones vs OSU in this bowl game. 

Yeah I came to appreciate Jones while watching Darnold.  Looked him up to see what size he was and I was shocked to see him listed at 200 lbs.  He plays bigger than that. 

Archived