Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We were, and other teams who’ve used a dominant front/pass rush to win games.

I am all for a dominant front/pass rush, but I do not think that burning #4 on Chubb gets us that or the best value for the pick.

9 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

They also have LB'ers that can play in coverage and one of the best secondaries in the NFL. Campbell was a Free Agent signing. Jackson was a Free Agent signing. Darieus was picked up after the Bills released him. 

No, they’re a great defense front to back, no doubt, but I still think their success is primarily due to their ability to destroy offenses at the LOS.

I’m not advocating Chubb at 4 per se, I’d rather move down, but I think he fits better than Minkah and I don’t think he’s a “luxury” or “rotational guy” if we take him.

There are going to plenty of these average to good QB's availalbe this yea, minny isn't keeping there lot. 

maybe cousins,. 

We can trade for McCarron.

We can get a QB in the 1st round. 

Joe Thomas got Drew Bress number to give him a call. 

48 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Didn't know that.

If so, all the more reason to forget about Chubb and trade down from #4.

And to go on 

Rashan Gary

Raekwon Davis

Austin Bryant 

guy from Miami

all will end up being graded right at Chubbs level it not higher 

2019 will be ridiculous on the D line  

I’m cool with trading down to a QB needy team pick up a first round pick. In 2019 you’ll be able to get a player on Chubbs level after pick 15 it’ll be so deep 

An extremely underrated method of building a championship caliber team is trading mid round and late round picks for proven quality players. We have 6 picks in rounds 4-7 and I would gladly part with potential for proven even if the player is only rotational or role playing good. The percentage of player who even turn into quality role players or depth players in th 4th-7th rounds is ridiculously low. The chances of finding the next Tom Brady, Antonio Brown or Zach Thomas are even lower. Take the sure thing and trade for vets. New England has done it for years. Oakland built a very good team in the early 2000s doing it. Baltimore has done it. Jacksonville made a great play for Dareus this year that helped them big.

5 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

An extremely underrated method of building a championship caliber team is trading mid round and late round picks for proven quality players. We have 6 picks in rounds 4-7 and I would gladly part with potential for proven even if the player is only rotational or role playing good. The percentage of player who even turn into quality role players or depth players in th 4th-7th rounds is ridiculously low. The chances of finding the next Tom Brady, Antonio Brown or Zach Thomas are even lower. Take the sure thing and trade for vets. New England has done it for years. Oakland built a very good team in the early 2000s doing it. Baltimore has done it. Jacksonville made a great play for Dareus this year that helped them big.

I am all for this.

We do not need to keep adding double-digit first year players.

Just now, bruceb said:

I am all for this.

We do not need to keep adding double-digit first year players.

Obviously it is a complete guess as to who would be available  on the trade market as these types of trades are usually out of left field. If I have time in the next few weeks I might compile a list of possible veterans that could be had on the trade market. Two off the top of my head would be Jordy Nelson at 33 and Green Bay giving out big money to Adams, and Tyrann Mathieu who hasn't been quite the same play maker since his injury. We obviously have the cap space to absorb some of these types of contracts and because of the contracts teams typically sell extremely low. In Nelson's case it would be a 7th rounder or they may even release him.

31 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Waldman's the GOAT

Was he talking about Hueball:

we recall instances where ineffective leaders with sub-par hard skills but decent interpersonal skills avoided being found out while wreaking havoc in the workplace. However, there are lots of ineffectual leaders who earned positions based on the appeal of hard skills — practical experience — who can’t get the job done because they don’t know how to make consistent decisions that set up their teammates for lasting success.

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

giphy.gif

It really doesn't matter how well we do in FA or in the draft so long as we are saddled with Hueball and maybe our DC's scheme to let's play our DB far enough off the line almost to guarantee the other team to pick up whatever yardage they need or get completely confused so as to allow wide open TD passes.

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Waldman's the GOAT

Yeah I watch a pretty decent amount of that really showed Allen's issues

again Senior Bowl will be big for him can he process information quick enough 

really made me like Lamar hes a player who I always thought was going to see his stock rise during the offseason

Great character, production, heisman winner, hell of an arm, and 4.3 speed

if it wasnt for RG3 Lamar Jackson is probably the number 1 pick 

Archived