Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

19 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Sack totals in college mean nothing. Nate Orchard had 18 sacks in 1 season at Utah and he has been terrible in the NFL. Ogbah had two 10+ sack years in college as well but he has been very solid. Its all about ceiling and projecting where you can be after college, not just college production. What seperates Garrett/Clowney/Miller is that in college they were still extremely raw but had a extremely high ceiling to build up to.

I dont think Chubb has that type of ceiling or any of the freak traits that Garrett/Clowney/Miller had as prospects. Hes just not the physical freak talent of those other pass rushers taken top 5.

You never know. Mack wasn’t a freak athlete. Great athlete but amazing technique. You could use that to describe Chubb. 

Chubb will be a “rotational guy” either way, it’s a position that rotates regularly.

Chubb, Ogbah and Garrett are all capable of playing outside, obviously, but also kicking inside on passing downs. I can’t see a scenario where those guys all wouldn’t be playing a starter’s snap total.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Chubb will be a “rotational guy” either way, it’s a position that rotates regularly.

Chubb, Ogbah and Garrett are all capable of playing outside, obviously, but also kicking inside on passing downs. I can’t see a scenario where those guys all wouldn’t be playing a starter’s snap total.

yeah man if we take a stud DE at 4 i wont care in fact i love it.  once NYG got their QB they seemingly drafted 1 DL and 1 OL high every year and they got a bunch of sacks and they won 2 superbowls on the back of that pass rush.

ogbah garrett and chubb is fine with me

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

yeah man if we take a stud DE at 4 i wont care in fact i love it.  once NYG got their QB they seemingly drafted 1 DL and 1 OL high every year and they got a bunch of sacks and they won 2 superbowls on the back of that pass rush.

ogbah garrett and chubb is fine with me

Exactly.

That front 7 in Jacksonville just drug Blake Bortles to the AFC championship game.  

It’s a proven way to win games.

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Exactly.

That front 7 in Jacksonville just drug Blake Bortles to the AFC championship game.  

True.

But apparently not a way to advance all the way in the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Just imagine it being Kizer

Kizer will be a better QB than Bortles

I’m cool with Chubb

but I’d rather trade down and pickup a first next year

that 2019 d line draft is stacked 

most of those first round guys next year will be better than Chubb

Bosa

Ferrell

Oliver 

Dexter Lawrence 

Christian Wilkins

list goes on 

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Exactly.

They also have LB'ers that can play in coverage and one of the best secondaries in the NFL. Campbell was a Free Agent signing. Jackson was a Free Agent signing. Darieus was picked up after the Bills released him. 

Archived