Week 17 Packers @ Vikings - The Win-win Scenario

LLcheesehead12

1 hour ago, craig said:

Yes.  Watson-Reed-Wicks-Doubs-Heath-Melton = 6, + DuBois.

No "need" to look WR.  But I'd be totally OK with getting another WR if the BPA value is there. 

1. We've got a lot of picks, if there is a good player, take him.
  2. We're good with optimizing WR, so no objection with getting and staying strong there.
  3. Watson-Reed-Wicks seem routinely injury-prone.  How many of the games this season have we had an excess of non-injured WR available?  Like, never?  Adding another would be fine.
  4. If you've got talent, you can keep 7 if health justifies.  
  5. Watson and Doubs will be FA's soon enough, in only 2 years.  So, if BPA calls for it, a draftee could redshirt next year, play some in 25, and then in 26 be fully ready if Doubs/Watson are gone.  Jordy didn't clear 54 targets till his 3rd season.    
  6. Heath has been a nice story and a good player, and thus far has stayed out of trouble.  But will he have the personal stability to stay out of trouble long-term?  Hopefully yes, but who knows?  
  7. Obviously WR is not a draft priority or need or urgency.  Just thinking that if/when there are good BPA opportunities, getting a good player never seems to be a bad idea! 

We could use a guy who takes the top off a defense.  Can't count on Watson to play.  I wouldn't spend a high pick on one but that deep threat can really open things up for the "point guards" underneath if Watson can't go.

This group is good and developing.  If they don't do anything in the draft that's OK too.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

We could use a guy who takes the top off a defense.  Can't count on Watson to play.  I wouldn't spend a high pick on one but that deep threat can really open things up for the "point guards" underneath if Watson can't go.

This group is good and developing.  If they don't do anything in the draft that's OK too.

I think both Reed and Melton have the ability to "take the top off".  

• Like 2

I gladly ate a breakfast of crow this morning. How could I have doubted? 

One thing for sure, the debate over Love is over. He IS the man. I would draft some O-line depth and a running back, and then invest the rest of the draft in D, which is a BIG change from what I was thinking, but if Barry is gone the new guy might need some specific talent to build his version of the new D. Clearly, S, CB, and ILB are high on the priority list, with an outstanding edge never to be passed over in the draft. I can't wait for next year!

P.S. Hopefully, we have at least two more games this year.

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Legette in RD2 seems to be the WR GB fans are clamoring for.  Will be interesting to monitor his draft stock through the combine.

I'm in on Legette for sure. Would love a DK/AJ Brown type WR to add to this group. 

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Seriously I know he’s been hurt some but just seems ridiculous we haven’t seen much of this with an athlete like quay

https://x.com/jacobmorley/status/1741894099106508845?s=46&t=fptgYtQ-rJhbexsz_O7tFQ

Move Quay outside and put Gary/ LVN inside in pressure package situations.  Quay could rush or drop.  You can get an OT to commit to pass protecting against him, but occasionally dropping into coverage opens better pass rush options for others

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KFP7 said:

2023 in review:

January 1st -> Packers stomp the Vikings by 24

December 31st -> Packers stomp the Vikings by 23

overall a very good way to start and end the year

At that rate of declining performance, in about 20 years it might be a close game

• Like 6

Wicks has certainly flashed major potential but he hasn’t surpassed Doubs yet.  Maybe it happens going fwd and if it does, that’s great news for us.  Doubs’ 8 TDs (tied for 8th in the NFL) going a little underappreciated in the meantime tho. 

4 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Wicks has certainly flashed major potential but he hasn’t surpassed Doubs yet.  Maybe it happens going fwd and if it does, that’s great news for us.  Doubs’ 8 TDs (tied for 8th in the NFL) going a little underappreciated in the meantime tho. 

Doubs is good.  Wicks i think is better.

Advanced metrics points to that

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Doubs is good.  Wicks i think is better.

Advanced metrics points to that

Doubs has played well and I think was the early beneficiary of having Love’s trust and timing down better than the others. As the whole corps grows, that advantage should be evened out. He still is a strong guy who shows good hands pretty consistently and doesn’t shy away from the moment. Next few years should be a lot of fun passing the ball and it will be interesting who we keep and who we bring in to reload with. 

5 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Doubs body control on the sideline or corner of endzone is his most special trait. He has a spot in this offense for sure. Move chains and RZ threat

Has shown to have strong hands too. He ****** catches frequently which is a nice trait

• Like 1