2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Posted (edited)

so I read we have 24m in cap space---- there's 2 ways I would move in free agency 

A)

Give Chase Young a 1 year 20m prove it deal- he's talented and Pierce suppose to be motivator. Could have the best DL in football. He could not live up to the control but Chase Young could be all pro edge if he locks in. then sign a 2-3  vet minimum type. CEH would be one for 1.5m, Marlon Davidson DT 1 Y VET Min 1.5M 

B) spread out the 24 m like this 

• Mekhi Becton RT- 1y 6.5m prove it deal. Would set up a nice RT battle with Munford. Loser is the swing tackle. Becton is only 24, he wouldn't be the first guy that needed a change of scenery 
  • Clyde Edwards Helaire RB- 1y Vet Minimun like 1.5m - worth a flier, wouldnt take us out of drafting a mid round/late RB. CEH had moments on Chiefs but they found a better RB1. He would compliment Zeus, he is a good pass catcher
  • CJ Henderson CB 1 Y 4M- similar deal that Jeff Okaduh received, he has been a bust but maybe he could surprise. Depth worse case 
  • Dalton Risner RG  2 Y 8M- only 1 year promised, could still draft a guard behind him. 
  • Isiah Simmons LB - 1 y 8m  - similar deal to Devin White/Kenneth Murray- added speed and see if Graham/ Pierce could coach him up 
  • Marlon Davidson DT 1 Y VET Min 1.5M 

then we would be set for the draft. Sign our picks on June 1 with the 12.8 cap hold. Maybe add a vet or two during the summer 

Edited by Humble_Beast

Y’all are nuts. When have we ever landed the biggest fish in free agency? We came out swinging and now are gonna wait out the teams signing  the Ridley’s of the world for 90 something million. 

We have money we have to spend and roster spots to do so. I promise more dudes are going get signed by us.  

Beside, right after the draft that 2nd wave of FA always has some value guys.  

Edited by 101Raider
  • Like 10

12 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Y’all are nuts. When have we ever landed the biggest fish in free agency? We came out swinging and now are gonna wait out the teams signing  the Ridley’s of the world for 90 something million. 

We have money we have to spend and roster spots to do so. I promise more dudes are going get signed by us.  

personally im good where we at even if we dont sign anyone else but it would be nice to sign Adoree jackson at some point 

Posted (edited)

Guys that are on my target list going into 3/15

RB2- CEH, Zeke, D'onta Foreman, Rashaad Penny, JK Dobbins, Damien Harris 

RT- Mekhi Becton, Chris Hubbard, Yosh Nijman, Cornelius Lucas, Andrus Peat

RG-  Kevin Zeitler, Greg Van Roten, Dalton Risner, James Hurst, Halapoulivaati VaitaiCody Whitehair, Gabe Jackson, Isaiah Wynn, Laken Tomlinson

DT- Shelby Harris,  Quinton Jefferson, Adam Butler, Marlon Davidson, Taven Bryan

NT- John Jenkins, Austin Johnson, Sebastian Joseph-Day, Jordan Phillips, Montravius Adams

LB-Isaiah Simmons, Tyrel Dodson, D'Vondre Campbell, Jerome Baker, Cody Barton, Kwon Alexander,  Zach Cunningham

CB-Adoree Jackson, Tre White, Xavien Howard, Steven Nelson, Rock Ya Sin, CJ Henderson, Shaq Griffin,  Isaac Yiadom, Ahkello Witherspoon, Levi Wallace, Kristian Fulton, Fabian Moreau, Noah Igbinoghene, Bryce Hall

other thoughts:

• there's a lot of good vet LT, wonder if somebody would convert to RT
  • I did not list WR, S, DE even if there are a few good targets 
Edited by Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Guys that are on my target list going into 3/15

RB2- CEH, Zeke, D'onta Foreman, Rashaad Penny, JK Dobbins, Damien Harris 

RT- Mekhi Becton, Chris Hubbard, Yosh Nijman, Cornelius Lucas, Andrus Peat

RG-  Kevin Zeitler, Greg Van Roten, Dalton Risner, James Hurst, Halapoulivaati VaitaiCody Whitehair, Gabe Jackson, Isaiah Wynn, Laken Tomlinson

DT- Shelby Harris,  Quinton Jefferson, Adam Butler, Marlon Davidson, Taven Bryan

NT- John Jenkins, Austin Johnson, Sebastian Joseph-Day, Jordan Phillips, Montravius Adams

LB-Isaiah Simmons, Tyrel Dodson, D'Vondre Campbell, Jerome Baker, Cody Barton, Kwon Alexander,  Zach Cunningham

CB-Adoree Jackson, Tre White, Xavien Howard, Steven Nelson, Rock Ya Sin, CJ Henderson, Shaq Griffin,  Isaac Yiadom, Ahkello Witherspoon, Levi Wallace, Kristian Fulton, Fabian Moreau, Noah Igbinoghene, Bryce Hall

other thoughts:

• there's a lot of good vet LT, wonder if somebody would convert to RT
  • I did not list WR, S, DE even if there are a few good targets 

Wait what? Rock ya Sin is out there? Just bring him back.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The approach he’s taking limits what we can potentially do in the draft as well. If we need to add 3-5 starters it’s not really feasible to trade up.

Yep. 

I'm going to hold off harsh judgment for now as he's not done anything off the wall egregious, but I'm not cool with another round of slow-rolling the roster build. 

We keep having decent opportunities at improving overall, and somehow we manage to consistently find ourselves scrambling and throwing Hail Mary's to just maintain a relative status quo. That was a problem with Gruden and Mayock, McDaniels and Zeigler, and it's starting to look that way with Pierce and Telesco. 

I wouldn't be opposed to a slow build a'la Miami, Detroit, or Houston. But if we're going to do that, you have to be willing to go all-in and accumulate assets. We, instead, let most of ours walk in FA or refuse to move them because of sentimentality while ignoring the fact that we're asset poor and they'll be too old to greatly contribute at the pace we're going (Adams, Crosby). 

3 hours ago, 101Raider said:

Right? Can’t understand what all the crying is about. In fairness a lot of that is coming from posters who seem to want us to fail - so perhaps no surprise…

I honestly don’t think we have that many holes to fill and those that we do are in positions where it is both a deep draft for and there are typically an abundance of decent vet players throughout FA and especially after cuts.

Oline and run stopping DTs can be covered both relatively early to mid rounds in a deep draft and then insurance had in late FA. I’m more than happy for all these teams to panic and overpay for guards leaving more of the 3rd/4th round guys for us. RBs can be found at any time.

People clamouring for Devin White when we have Spillane, Deablo and even Masterson who are better all round players. I’m sure we’ll pick up a CB - but we only really need one guy and then fillers, and with the dline we have - even that’s not that pressing imo.

I don’t see anything for us to be panicking over when there is so much time and so many ways for us still get better

7 hours ago, 101Raider said:

This fan base is never happy in FA I've learned. Landed the piece everyone has collectively been clamoring over for a decade now and mad there are not more moves.....

People forget building the team with the right guys is more important than a collecting a bunch names. 50% of FA's bust. How many Corey Littleton's, Nick Kwaitkowski's, Bilal Nichols, etc. do some of you want to pay?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This fan base is never happy in FA I've learned. Landed the piece everyone has collectively been clamoring over for a decade now and mad there are not more moves.....

People forget building the team with the right guys is more important than a collecting a bunch names. 50% of FA's bust. How many Corey Littleton's, Nick Kwaitkowski's, Bilal Nichols, etc. do some of you want to pay?

I think Lamarcus Joyner and Gibril Wilson would really round out our secondary 

39 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I’d be good with some depth signings. We’re not at the point where we can just sit on our hands unless the plan is to roll with a bunch of rookies. I know we’re not done but damn.