2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

58 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I just read the article...I didn't see an Edge rusher drafted within the first three rounds. No thanks.

No idea what SF really is thinking, but there are surprises and misconceptions for us fans every year.

Could it be that they are legitimately looking at Thomas, Marsh, and Attaochu.. and thinking "hey, we're good at the LEO, unless there's a dude we just can't pass on the value of."   ????

15 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

No idea what SF really is thinking, but there are surprises and misconceptions for us fans every year.

Could it be that they are legitimately looking at Thomas, Marsh, and Attaochu.. and thinking "hey, we're good at the LEO, unless there's a dude we just can't pass on the value of."   ????

Possible oldman. I was on the we need to take Roquan train for the longest and now I've hopped on the Harold Landry train. I'll be fine with wherever we go unless its Edmunds.

Yeah, if we don't address edge within the first 3 rounds, I'm going to have serious reservations about Lynch's and co's ability to discern needs. Pass-rush is a massive need and it doesn't take an expert to see that. 

10 minutes ago, John232 said:

Yeah, if we don't address edge within the first 3 rounds, I'm going to have serious reservations about Lynch's and co's ability to discern needs. Pass-rush is a massive need and it doesn't take an expert to see that. 

To me it all depends on what else we take. You can identify a need but picking a guy just so you can say you filled that need is never a good idea. We do need a edge rusher but if we can take a guy thats rated much higher on our board we should go with that other guy. Else you just end up with lesser talent. 

Im seeing alot of Denzel Ward to the browns at 4 yesterday and today. If the draft falls that way would help push ether Nelson or Chubb down.

Browns - Allen/Dornald

Giants - Barkley

Jets - Baker/Dornald

Browns - Ward

Broncos - Chubb/Nelson/Allen/Rosen

Colts - trade down or Chubb/Nelson

are you willing to trade up with the Colts for Chubb or Nelson? it wouldn't require more then our 3rd based on trade chart at worst we throw in our 4th as well.

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Im still a believer its a smoke screen for McGlinchey. Why would we put out in the world that we like him and are wanting to draft him at 9 a day or two prior to the draft.

If the rumors are true, it wouldn't be by choice necessarily. Could be that someone is leaking information against the wishes of their superiors. 

Someone in the draft rumor thread said that they have heard for a while that the raiders love McG, so maybe that's our way of trying to get them to trade up one spot? 

Also, I would 100% trade our 3rd to move up to get Chubb. It would erase missing out on Garrett last year. 

Just now, N4L said:

If the rumors are true, it wouldn't be by choice necessarily. Could be that someone is leaking information against the wishes of their superiors. 

Someone in the draft rumor thread said that they have heard for a while that the raiders love McG, so maybe that's our way of trying to get them to trade up one spot? 

that would be my guess, also they might know if a team like Dallas wants to move up as well for McG.

No, I am not willing to trade up for Chubb. Fine all around player, but more than anything we need a legitimate pass rusher. I don't care what scouts or teams around the league are saying, Landry is a better pass rusher than Chubb and that's the guy I want the most.

Also read that Hurst may be a day three pick? I think that is blasphemous unless the heart issue is real. But if he is available even in the 3rd round, we should think long and hard of drafting him. Dude is a flat out monster. 

No, I cannot imagine them taking McG that high. It has to be part of the lying season.

I agree that the best pure rusher in this draft has to be Landry. I just see some of Solomon Thomas in Chubb. That isn't bad, but I don't think he is or will be the pass rusher that Landry can be.

Archived