2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

52 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Are you certain you guys are not mixing up Lazard and Butler? Both are Iowa St. WRs. Butler has REAL size at 6' 5" IIRC. Lazard is big, but I was certain Butler was the really tall one...could be wrong though...

Ah, looked them up: Lazard is 6'5", Butler 6'6".

I did notice they had another big guy at WR who looked intriguing from his size alone but I've just known about Lazard since last year and like that consistent production. Other than Lazard the other player I'm pretty impressed with is their RB Montgomery. 

Update on a LEO/SAM prospect I read about preseason and have been trying to keep an eye on this year. Darius Leonard out of South Carolina St. just had an 18 tackle, 1 TFL, 2 INTs and a pass break up game. Obviously his level of competition raises questions and I've read he struggles to keep on weight at 6'3" 235 lbs but he's an interesting guy. Last year had 124 tackles, 14.5 TFL, 3.5 sacks and two ints including 19 tackle, one blocked FG performance against Clemson. 

Tremaine Edmunds of VT is playing at a very high level as well picking up where he left off last year. He's got intriguing size and skill for the SAM/LEO position.

My personal opinion is that I would never draft a running back that high. It's just not something that I would do if I were a GM. That being said, I get it. I wouldn't hate the pick. Just something that I wouldn't do. 

1 hour ago, John232 said:

He's amazing. And i purged my super involved pay in dynasty league for a shot Barkley. i would jizzum if he ended u on the 49ers. 

I've thought about dealing some proven, good players for a chance to draft him in my dynasty league as well. The kid is just special. It just doesn't seem like that's Shanny and Turner's style though to go with a highly touted RB like that. Other than possibly one of the QBs though, at this point in the season there's doesn't seem to be very many top 5 talents other than Barkley. Maybe Minkah Fitzpatrick, that dude reminds me a little of Earl Thomas/Jalen Ramsey. Still early the draft process though to start tagging top 5 talents and such.

4 hours ago, Forge said:

My personal opinion is that I would never draft a running back that high. It's just not something that I would do if I were a GM. That being said, I get it. I wouldn't hate the pick. Just something that I wouldn't do. 

I think this is you if we got Barkley.

tumblr_mjth7m9nI91qha6vko1_500.gif

Or possibly this.

nsr.gif

I would not be against taking Barkley, but I would find it difficult to believe a Shanahan led team would take a RB that high. 

I absolutely love the fact that people are 'giving' us Cousins via FA. We have sooooooooooooooo much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$! Just throw it at Kirk! We "know" he wants to be reunited with Shanny, right?! 

45 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I would not be against taking Barkley, but I would find it difficult to believe a Shanahan led team would take a RB that high. 

I absolutely love the fact that people are 'giving' us Cousins via FA. We have sooooooooooooooo much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$! Just throw it at Kirk! We "know" he wants to be reunited with Shanny, right?! 

I mean, there are definitely hurdles to go through. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up making some sort of trade to make sure the deal happens. The Redskins can still block us with various tags and whatnot. I'm just hardpressed to see why Washington would keep going down this path with him, and paying that much on a franchise tag seems ludicrous unless you are getting the extension done. Transition tags are useful, but the fact of the matter is that at that point we can outbid them and they know it, so then they lose Cousins for nothing - not even a comp pick, I believe. 

With Cousins, Barkley would be a excellent pick. I dont like RB's that high either but with Zeke, Fournette, and Gurley all proving to be worth that top 10 pick I dont think I'm as much against it when its a player at that level. The thought of having Cousins and a RB that good for the next 5 years is pretty enticing. If there was a Corey Davis in this draft I'd be all over him but I just dont see one yet. 

One thing that should be mentioned, I believe for the most part the top QBs of the last three drafts have delivered. Titans/Bucs fans have to be satisfied with Mariota/Winston, Golf/Wentz seem to be heading in the right direction and the jury is still out on Trubisky/Watson/Mahomes but at least one of them is playing good ball. The other two haven't had an opportunity, but that will change with Trubuisky as he already made his debut last week. 

40 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

One thing that should be mentioned, I believe for the most part the top QBs of the last three drafts have delivered. Titans/Bucs fans have to be satisfied with Mariota/Winston, Golf/Wentz seem to be heading in the right direction and the jury is still out on Trubisky/Watson/Mahomes but at least one of them is playing good ball. The other two haven't had an opportunity, but that will change with Trubuisky as he already made his debut last week. 

The only one I'd really disagree with is Winston to be perfectly honest. I know that he's an NFL quarterback and still solid, but he's faaaaaar below what I thought he was going to be. So far, he's been a pretty big disappointment for me. I mean, he's fine...just not living up to what I expected. I watched that Pats game, and while it was only a game, I thought his arm just looked awful. No deep ball, Passes were dying midflight. It was so bad that I asked in the Gen GDT if there was crazy wind kicked up or something. 

15 hours ago, John232 said:

He's amazing. And i purged my super involved pay in dynasty league for a shot Barkley. i would jizzum if he ended u on the 49ers. 

He is amazing.  Looks close to a "can't miss" type of guy.  But as Forge says, I wouldn't take a RB that high either. As a matter of fact if we end up picking first or second I probably wouldn't sign Cousins. I'd take my shot at a QB and use the money to add a couple pieces to go along with the other guys we'll end up getting in the draft after we take out QB.

Archived