Rapaport: Expect Bears to retain Eberflus as head coach in 2024

G08

12 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'm just going to wait and see. Eberflus or someone else, I just hope its a productive offseason. I'm not getting amped up either way   lol 

Keep telling yourself that until your jumping around your living room like a mad man at some good news hahahahha

Edited by Madmike90
  • Like 1

Hoge and Jahns podcast today pointed something out worth noting.

In previous years, if the HC was retained through "Black Monday" he'd be speaking at a presser on Tuesday.  Currently there is no scheduled presser for the Flus.  Team could very well still be undecided on the issue, or still weighing potential options.

33 minutes ago, Epyon said:

In previous years, if the HC was retained through "Black Monday" he'd be speaking at a presser on Tuesday.  Currently there is no scheduled presser for the Flus.  Team could very well still be undecided on the issue, or still weighing potential options.

THIS:

If you know your head coach is the guy, then you say he's the guy - but if it takes a couple of days to think about it, then he's not the guy.

-Lester A. Wiltfong Jr.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

This franchise makes everything look difficult, all the time. 

From a trade the first pick in the draft or trade Justin Fields standpoint I think the Bears would have more leverage to get a bigger haul if they fired Flus/Getsy. 

2 minutes ago, dafreak said:

From a trade the first pick in the draft or trade Justin Fields standpoint I think the Bears would have more leverage to get a bigger haul if they fired Flus/Getsy.

A while back I think I'd said that the more confusion about what the bears were going to do at QB, the better, at least in terms of other teams making offers for either Fields or pick one. I guess they're getting good practice at being confusing at least.

From a strictly human point of view it's kind of weird to let this drag for the coaches. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Not really. They announced Pace and Nagy were staying on the Wednesday after their final game in 2020, too

15 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

A while back I think I'd said that the more confusion about what the bears were going to do at QB, the better, at least in terms of other teams making offers for either Fields or pick one. I guess they're getting good practice at being confusing at least.

From a strictly human point of view it's kind of weird to let this drag for the coaches. 

The Bears are also weird like that sometimes with late communication of things of varying importance. I’d expect Flus already knows if he’s back or not, even if we don’t. 

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Keep telling yourself that until your jumping around your living room like a mad man at some good news hahahahha

Touche. I should have said "I'm not getting my hopes up, do good news is super exciting and bad news isn't crippling." 😅

• Like 1

Kevin Warren should shut his mouth and focus on a new stadium only. Stick to that, loser. Another McCaskey puppet that we can all listen to. Remember when Virginia was pissed? George is never going to see a championship either

If they fired Eberflus every HC candidate would want this job or the Chargers job and they'll stay with Eberflus

They ought to just bring back Fields then so everyone can be fired/traded after next season rather than forcing a 2nd year QB on another new regime. I was starting to get excited too. Oh well. Same old Bears

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Kevin Warren should shut his mouth and focus on a new stadium only. Stick to that, loser. Another McCaskey puppet that we can all listen to. Remember when Virginia was pissed? George is never going to see a championship either

If they fired Eberflus every HC candidate would want this job or the Chargers job and they'll stay with Eberflus

They ought to just bring back Fields then so everyone can be fired/traded after next season rather than forcing a 2nd year QB on another new regime. I was starting to get excited too. Oh well. Same old Bears

If true, Poles is on the clock now too...

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Just bring back Fields then. I was starting to get excited too. Oh well

Bringing Flus back, keeping JF1 under a new OC AND drafting Williams.... is not something I could have possibly predicted as being "on the table"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Bringing Flus back, keeping JF1 under a new OC AND drafting Williams.... is not something I could have possibly predicted as being "on the table"

DBB implied a 1st round QB might not necessarily be pick 1 too. To me, if you’re not taking one at 1 then why take one in the 1st round? Either replace Fields or don’t. Taking a guy at 9 who in an ideal situation never plays is ******* dumb. If you want to build in a bridge to your 1st rounder then trade Fields and sign a vet.

Edited by AZBearsFan
  • Like 1