BDL Discussion Thread 2024

@Blue fun write up, but we have more than just mere playoff asperations. I plan on riding @TedLavie coattails all the way to back to back BDL championships! We hold on a bit longer get a couple dubs here there as other teams struggle to navigate through Bye's and injuries of their own and ...... all of a sudden its a healthy Nordiques team ready to rumble in the playoffs! BOOM

• Like 1

1.1 Raleigh Firebirds- Will Johnson CB UM

This pick comes down to Johnson or Hunter for Raleigh as they look for the top overall talent and want to secure a number one corner. They will roll with the QBs they have and look to build the roster elsewhere. 

1.2 Cwmfelinfach Ptrash Pterodactyls- Travis Hunter CB Colorado

Hunter could be a gamble if you are hoping for a particular position. CPP could use help at either corner or receiver has Higgins contract expires and corner is a need regardless. Hunter is a top talent and unicorn type player that a team that doesn’t need a QB and picking this high can afford to take.  

1.3 Greenland- Mason Graham INT UM

Greenland goes BPA more often than not and Graham is that right now. With Buckner in his last year and injuries becoming a regular thing for him I don’t see them paying the money to keep him. Bresee and Dexter could be the future inside but Graham is a great talent that provides more overall potential and Ruke hasn’t shown enough yet. A young exorcising group for this talented team.  

1.4 Rome- Tetairoa McMillan WR Arizona 

Rome has Cooper and Waddle expiring. Could keep both but here McMillan provides them with an exciting skill set out wide. He has size and great body control but he also has a fluidity about his movements to create separation. Will provide Herbert a big time weapon. 

1.5 Anchorage (from Lancaster)- James Pearce Jr Edge Tennessee

Pearce hasn’t been as productive as projected but the talent is still there and the film is still great. When you pick this high you swing on potential and the potential of adding him to an edge room with Micah and Hutch is too great to pass on. 

1.6 Hungary (from Akureyri)- Kelvin Banks Jr OT Texas

An OT cornerstone for years to come is what Hungary needs and Banks, depending on Smith’s health and play, could play RT or LT for Hungary but locks up one spot that they can set and forget with Banks. Banks is also favored by Hungary over Will Campbell as previously expressed by their owner. 

1.7 Quebec- Cam Ward QB Miami

Personally I have Ward as my QB1 right now but wouldn’t fight the idea of Ewers or even maybe Milroe at this point. Tua is expiring and the injury history isn’t something they want to gamble their money on. Picking 7th and having your top pick of QB is a nice thing here for Quebec. They have a talented team and with the right QB they don’t plan to be picking outside of the playoffs again. 

1.8 Berlin (from Hungary)- Will Campbell OT LSU 

Campbell might be a top 5 prospect in this class so getting him here at 8 is a nice grab for Berlin. Looking to move past Miller in a year he gives them a nice pairing with Wirfs who can play LT or RT and secure the position for Berlin for years.

1.9 New Orleans- Nic Scourton Edge TAMU

NOLA adds Scourton to be a big sized edge to add to Latu and Diaby as Smith is a FA. He gives some inside outside flexibility on passing downs to allow them to get the best pass rushers on the field. 

1.10 Berlin- Abdul Carter Edge PSU

Berlin adds an edge rusher here who has the ability to play LB as well. A nice pairing with Bosa and their interior line if Brown comes back healthy could be a very nasty group to block.

1.11 Lancaster (from Cuba)- Luther Burden lll WR Mizzou

Lancaster would like to add another playmaker at WR and Burden I expect to actually go higher than this (they just may be my love of receivers talking). He would give them a dynamic inside outside threat to go with Chase and Coleman. 

1.12 Las Vegas- Tacario Davis CB Arizona

The size and fluidity is a rare combination. Coming off a 5 PD game, Davis can function as a number one especially in a division that’s current top team has a physical receiver like Metcalf. Davis doesn’t turn 21 until next August and there is a lot of potential to still develop.

1.13 Ivory Coast- Malaki Starks S UGA

IC is a team with few weaknesses and if they aren’t on the Jeanty train in round 1 since Chubb is expiring, I keep coming back to Starks… another UGA safety might be scary for IC, and it’s a position I don’t know if Ruskie would add in round 1 but he fills a big need and is a terrific prospect from the SEC.

1.14 Anchorage- Ashton Jeanty RB Boise State

Maybe not the best use of assets having traded Breece for less than this to only draft a RB higher and pay him more… but I am a big Jeanty fan and would really like what he can bring to my offense. This is a deep RB draft however and with 2 2nds now and a 3rd it may be an area I prefer to address then when the draft rolls around.

1.15 Berlin (from Svalbard)- Quinn Ewers QB Texas 

Berlin doesn’t need Ewers… Stroud is great. But if Berlin wants to keep the multiple firsts thing going they draft a player here near the bottom of the first that if he pans out could be flipped later for more value than was spent on him. Chess not checkers.

1.16 Las Vegas (from Cancun)- Deone Walker INT UK

Vegas likes beef… Vegas likes Dline… Vegas adds a beefy dlineman here in Walker. They pay Leonard Williams a lot, have Newton and Fiske on the interior as young talent but they still want more!!! So they grab Walker to be a big body plugging things inside.

2.1 Raleigh- Donovan Ezeiruaku Edge Boston College

Raleigh adds a big riser here in DEz. He has the bend and get off to really get after it and he is producing at a high level. With Hunter aging and Jermaine coming off a season ending injury they need some more juice off the edge. 

2.2 Lancaster- Kenneth Grant INT UM

With Clark expiring they need a big body next to Madubuike to free him up. Grant can be that guy plus collapse the pocket. A player to keep a front 7 feasting is a welcomed addition here. 

2.3 Cwmfelinfach- Mykel Williams Edge UGA

Williams is a pure projection pick at this stage. He plays the Travon Walker role so he can as never going to produce elite numbers but the physical attributes and size to be special. He flashes but he will have to put it all together. 

2.4 Greenland- Tyler Booker OG Alabama

Greenland has one OG under contract after this season so they could use a player regardless if they bring Trey Smith back. Booker is a special guard talent and would really need up this oline even more. 

2.5 Rome- Benjamin Morrison CB ND

DJ Reed is on the block and in the last year of his deal. Adding corners never hurts so Rome adds a player who has talent but has fallen a bit. 

2.6 Berlin (from Akureyri)- J.T. Tuimoloau Edge

This is a player I mocked to Berlin a lot last year before he went back to school. He is a big edge and despite going Abdul Carter earlier adding him and allowing him some passing down reps inside and being a strong base end allows Berlin flexibility with Carter as well using him as a rush backer while pairing JT with Bosa. Would be a lot of fun defensive scheming in Berlin. 

2.7 Anchorage (from Hungary)- Jonah Savaiinaea OG Arizona

Teller is a FA for me and I need to get sole beef inside on the oline. Building up the trenches is ideal for me in this draft and I grab a big body here to help lead the way for Jeanty and friends and protect for Burrow.

2.8 Quebec- Aireontae Ersery OT Minnesota 

Quebec needs to address OT and add a long term starter at the position especially after adding a rookie QB. Ersery gives them A plus sized tackle who can give some power but also match in pass pro.

2.9 New Orleans- Shedeur Sanders QB Colorado

No stranger to having multiple QB picks are adding when you already have a guy. NOLA is a team that likes to set themselves up for the future years ahead while also adding players they can move for plus value down the road. Similar to Berlin with three picks in the next four NOLA can afford to make this move with the talent on their roster.

2.10 New Orleans (from Berlin)- Quinshon Judkins RB OSU

With Jacobs and Henry in the last years of their deals NOLA adds an heir apparent here again always looking toward the future. 

2.11 Cuba- Colston Loveland TE UM

Cuba has made it by without top talents at TE for years. They have the opportunity to add the top player in the draft at the position and open up the offense even more. 

2.12 New Orleans (from Las Vegas)- Isaiah Bond WR Texas

NOLA adds to their receiving corps with the talented Bond who makes plays when his team needs him most. 

2.13 Cancun (from Ivory Coast)- Emeka Egbuka WR OSU

Cancun adds to the WR corps with a OSU WR… last time they did this they got Olave. Pretty good. 

2.14 Anchorage- Jalen Milroe QB Bama

I need a QB behind Burrow and adding one with this level of talent  at pick 30 overall is a move I like. 

2.15 Cuba (from Svalbard)- Ollie Gordon ll RB Oklahoma State

Gordon hasn’t had a Junior year to match his sophomore year but he is talented for sure. I’m sure they will resign Etienne but they could use a player with this talent in the backfield with him. 

2.16 Hungary (from Cancun)- Tyleik Williams INT OSU

Hungary could use some added DT help after this season. Williams is next player up.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

1.1 Raleigh Firebirds- Will Johnson CB UM

This pick comes down to Johnson or Hunter for Raleigh as they look for the top overall talent and want to secure a number one corner. They will roll with the QBs they have and look to build the roster elsewhere. 

1.2 Cwmfelinfach Ptrash Pterodactyls- Travis Hunter CB Colorado

Hunter could be a gamble if you are hoping for a particular position. CPP could use help at either corner or receiver has Higgins contract expires and corner is a need regardless. Hunter is a top talent and unicorn type player that a team that doesn’t need a QB and picking this high can afford to take.  

1.3 Greenland- Mason Graham INT UM

Greenland goes BPA more often than not and Graham is that right now. With Buckner in his last year and injuries becoming a regular thing for him I don’t see them paying the money to keep him. Bresee and Dexter could be the future inside but Graham is a great talent that provides more overall potential and Ruke hasn’t shown enough yet. A young exorcising group for this talented team.  

1.4 Rome- Tetairoa McMillan WR Arizona 

Rome has Cooper and Waddle expiring. Could keep both but here McMillan provides them with an exciting skill set out wide. He has size and great body control but he also has a fluidity about his movements to create separation. Will provide Herbert a big time weapon. 

1.5 Anchorage (from Lancaster)- James Pearce Jr Edge Tennessee

Pearce hasn’t been as productive as projected but the talent is still there and the film is still great. When you pick this high you swing on potential and the potential of adding him to an edge room with Micah and Hutch is too great to pass on. 

1.6 Hungary (from Akureyri)- Kelvin Banks Jr OT Texas

An OT cornerstone for years to come is what Hungary needs and Banks, depending on Smith’s health and play, could play RT or LT for Hungary but locks up one spot that they can set and forget with Banks. Banks is also favored by Hungary over Will Campbell as previously expressed by their owner. 

1.7 Quebec- Cam Ward QB Miami

Personally I have Ward as my QB1 right now but wouldn’t fight the idea of Ewers or even maybe Milroe at this point. Tua is expiring and the injury history isn’t something they want to gamble their money on. Picking 7th and having your top pick of QB is a nice thing here for Quebec. They have a talented team and with the right QB they don’t plan to be picking outside of the playoffs again. 

1.8 Berlin (from Hungary)- Will Campbell OT LSU 

Campbell might be a top 5 prospect in this class so getting him here at 8 is a nice grab for Berlin. Looking to move past Miller in a year he gives them a nice pairing with Wirfs who can play LT or RT and secure the position for Berlin for years.

1.9 New Orleans- Nic Scourton Edge TAMU

NOLA adds Scourton to be a big sized edge to add to Latu and Diaby as Smith is a FA. He gives some inside outside flexibility on passing downs to allow them to get the best pass rushers on the field. 

1.10 Berlin- Abdul Carter Edge PSU

Berlin adds an edge rusher here who has the ability to play LB as well. A nice pairing with Bosa and their interior line if Brown comes back healthy could be a very nasty group to block.

1.11 Lancaster (from Cuba)- Luther Burden lll WR Mizzou

Lancaster would like to add another playmaker at WR and Burden I expect to actually go higher than this (they just may be my love of receivers talking). He would give them a dynamic inside outside threat to go with Chase and Coleman. 

1.12 Las Vegas- Tacario Davis CB Arizona

The size and fluidity is a rare combination. Coming off a 5 PD game, Davis can function as a number one especially in a division that’s current top team has a physical receiver like Metcalf. Davis doesn’t turn 21 until next August and there is a lot of potential to still develop.

1.13 Ivory Coast- Malaki Starks S UGA

IC is a team with few weaknesses and if they aren’t on the Jeanty train in round 1 since Chubb is expiring, I keep coming back to Starks… another UGA safety might be scary for IC, and it’s a position I don’t know if Ruskie would add in round 1 but he fills a big need and is a terrific prospect from the SEC.

1.14 Anchorage- Ashton Jeanty RB Boise State

Maybe not the best use of assets having traded Breece for less than this to only draft a RB higher and pay him more… but I am a big Jeanty fan and would really like what he can bring to my offense. This is a deep RB draft however and with 2 2nds now and a 3rd it may be an area I prefer to address then when the draft rolls around.

1.15 Berlin (from Svalbard)- Quinn Ewers QB Texas 

Berlin doesn’t need Ewers… Stroud is great. But if Berlin wants to keep the multiple firsts thing going they draft a player here near the bottom of the first that if he pans out could be flipped later for more value than was spent on him. Chess not checkers.

1.16 Las Vegas (from Cancun)- Deone Walker INT UK

Vegas likes beef… Vegas likes Dline… Vegas adds a beefy dlineman here in Walker. They pay Leonard Williams a lot, have Newton and Fiske on the interior as young talent but they still want more!!! So they grab Walker to be a big body plugging things inside.

2.1 Raleigh- Donovan Ezeiruaku Edge Boston College

Raleigh adds a big riser here in DEz. He has the bend and get off to really get after it and he is producing at a high level. With Hunter aging and Jermaine coming off a season ending injury they need some more juice off the edge. 

2.2 Lancaster- Kenneth Grant INT UM

With Clark expiring they need a big body next to Madubuike to free him up. Grant can be that guy plus collapse the pocket. A player to keep a front 7 feasting is a welcomed addition here. 

2.3 Cwmfelinfach- Mykel Williams Edge UGA

Williams is a pure projection pick at this stage. He plays the Travon Walker role so he can as never going to produce elite numbers but the physical attributes and size to be special. He flashes but he will have to put it all together. 

2.4 Greenland- Tyler Booker OG Alabama

Greenland has one OG under contract after this season so they could use a player regardless if they bring Trey Smith back. Booker is a special guard talent and would really need up this oline even more. 

2.5 Rome- Benjamin Morrison CB ND

DJ Reed is on the block and in the last year of his deal. Adding corners never hurts so Rome adds a player who has talent but has fallen a bit. 

2.6 Berlin (from Akureyri)- J.T. Tuimoloau Edge

This is a player I mocked to Berlin a lot last year before he went back to school. He is a big edge and despite going Abdul Carter earlier adding him and allowing him some passing down reps inside and being a strong base end allows Berlin flexibility with Carter as well using him as a rush backer while pairing JT with Bosa. Would be a lot of fun defensive scheming in Berlin. 

2.7 Anchorage (from Hungary)- Jonah Savaiinaea OG Arizona

Teller is a FA for me and I need to get sole beef inside on the oline. Building up the trenches is ideal for me in this draft and I grab a big body here to help lead the way for Jeanty and friends and protect for Burrow.

Quebec needs to address OT and add a long term starter at the position especially after adding a rookie QB. Ersery gives them A plus sized tackle who can give some power but also match in pass pro.

2.9 New Orleans- Shedeur Sanders QB Colorado

No stranger to having multiple QB picks are adding when you already have a guy. NOLA is a team that likes to set themselves up for the future years ahead while also adding players they can move for plus value down the road. Similar to Berlin with three picks in the next four NOLA can afford to make this move with the talent on their roster.

2.10 New Orleans (from Berlin)- Quinshon Judkins RB OSU

With Jacobs and Henry in the last years of their deals NOLA adds an heir apparent here again always looking toward the future. 

2.11 Cuba- Colston Loveland TE UM

Cuba has made it by without top talents at TE for years. They have the opportunity to add the top player in the draft at the position and open up the offense even more. 

2.12 New Orleans (from Las Vegas)- Isaiah Bond WR Texas

NOLA adds to their receiving corps with the talented Bond who makes plays when his team needs him most. 

2.13 Cancun (from Ivory Coast)- Emeka Egbuka WR OSU

Cancun adds to the WR corps with a OSU WR… last time they did this they got Olave. Pretty good. 

2.14 Anchorage- Jalen Milroe QB Bama

I need a QB behind Burrow and adding one with this level of talent  at pick 30 overall is a move I like. 

2.15 Cuba (from Svalbard)- Ollie Gordon ll RB Oklahoma State

Gordon hasn’t had a Junior year to match his sophomore year but he is talented for sure. I’m sure they will resign Etienne but they could use a player with this talent in the backfield with him. 

2.16 Hungary (from Cancun)- Tyleik Williams INT OSU

Hungary could use some added DT help after this season. Williams is next player up.

Love seeing the in-depth ones popping up. Really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Tom is a RFA and Dawkins will likely be 3upped. 

Speaking of which question for the contract committee. Dawkins is currently play 10k with 1 year left and his IRL deal is 20k for 3 more years I think. Can use a 100% extension to pay him like 70k/4 (so basically 17,5k per)? 

(figures are approximative don't mind them) 

2 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Tom is a RFA and Dawkins will likely be 3upped. 

Speaking of which question for the contract committee. Dawkins is currently play 10k with 1 year left and his IRL deal is 20k for 3 more years I think. Can use a 100% extension to pay him like 70k/4 (so basically 17,5k per)? 

(figures are approximative don't mind them) 

32 minutes ago, PR said:

I have 2 years of Moton and 3 years of Tyron left. Guess this OT (I can't even remember my opinion on these two) will sit for a year 

If you guys haven’t learned anything having OT depth is vital and lack thereof has sunk many teams in the playoffs

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

If you guys haven’t learned anything having OT depth is vital and lack thereof has sunk many teams in the playoffs

I'm not saying I won't take a tackle. I tend to go full BPA. But I don't feel like I need a starter long-term at T which is what I reacted too. 

• Like 1