BDL Discussion Thread 2024

37 minutes ago, Blue said:

I've never said that and explicitly said I would be happy to just go by "are they an RFA IRL or not."

No, this is how it has always been done. You keep cherry-picking two cases that aren't what the rest of us are talking about at all.

So I think we agree that we want the IRL system to apply. As I stated in my original point, the IRL system would make Delpit and Stone UFAs and Sterns a RFA.

If we can agree than this is the system we need to apply for next offseason and beyond, then no issue. But you, specifically, said that it was too complicated to track who was on roster or not for guys who jump in and off practice squads. Which is fair. In which case, I'd rather take the closest thing, which is years of experience, than this made up rule.

29 minutes ago, Blue said:

SiiA literally said that's the criteria he's been using, lol

So when PR brings concrete examples it's cherry picking, but your whole precedent claim is based on undocumented cases made my someone else?

17 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Up until last year when Mike redid everything along with RedGold I did the league sheet for 10 years in a row.

Last year when all of this was done I was out of the league for reasons.

This year I wasn't asked to help and don't even have the same access that I have for the entirety of the league's existence. That is fine.

Basically you are taking what was just done last year as gospel for the entirely of the league.

I know it's because you and Ted and maybe a few others just want to automate as much of the process as possible so we can take things fully offsite. 

I have done about 3 years back but want to go five but it will take me several more hours as I have to manually check all the RFA players from each year. So far as I predicted I am finding 2-4+ every year that were exceptions.

I almost choked on my coffee when I read that lol. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, PR said:

Guys if this was the "way" Christensen and Tre Brown would both be listed as ERFAs not RFAs.

@SirA1 I want it to be congruent with NFL rulings. Yes I think it could go off site, but this isn't rooted there. There has been a ruling that is not been congruent with the rules of the NFL and it impacts Free Agency across the board. 

Okay tag them as ERFA lol

Just now, TedLavie said:

So when PR brings concrete examples it's cherry picking, but your whole precedent claim is based on undocumented cases made my someone else?

There is absolutely nothing more concrete than the person responsible for making those determinations saying "this is how we have always done it."

I agree it needs changed.    And I’m sure there are plenty of examples of it not being done this way also..  we aren’t going through a list of 100+ people and seeing who missed 6 games in 1 season.

If someone questions the FA status; it has been getting changed if they missed 6 games in a season.     I brought it up with Darrell Taylor last year, but no one had any issues.. so I just dropped it since no one else had any issues with it 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

There is absolutely nothing more concrete than the person responsible for making those determinations saying "this is how we have always done it."

Yes. That same person coming up with examples.

Look I don't remember exactly who did what in terms of RFA determination so I'm not going to fact check SirA on that. I would just like to see concrete examples of that ruling being made so we can move along for this year and change the rule in Summer meeting

5 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Yes. That same person coming up with examples.

Look I don't remember exactly who did what in terms of RFA determination so I'm not going to fact check SirA on that. I would just like to see concrete examples of that ruling being made so we can move along for this year and change the rule in Summer meeting

Given SirA is already going through the RFA lists for examples, I don't see the point in me doing the same.

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

I’m all for changing the rule going forward I don’t even really care what Sterns ends up being tagged at. But if Blue was already told RFA for Stone it needs to be left until next season changes.

And as I said previously I 100% agree on that

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Literally every year I did the best I could for determinations and then always left the door open on any players if an owner thought it should be different.

The reason that I don't like using the seasons accrued thing from Spotrac is because it's not accurate half the time and the links break all the time. But ya'll can do whatever as Ted keeps saying everyone is agreeing when it's like 3-4 people out of 16.

My roster right now literally lists Kaleb McGary as a PS/Inactive player with 0 years Exp. When he just signed a multiyear deal. And that happens all the time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Literally every year I did the best I could for determinations and then always left the door open on any players if an owner thought it should be different.

The reason that I don't like using the seasons accrued thing from Spotrac is because it's not accurate half the time and the links break all the time. But ya'll can do whatever as Ted keeps saying everyone is agreeing when it's like 3-4 people out of 16.

My roster right now literally lists Kaleb McGary as a PS/Inactive player with 0 years Exp. When he just signed a multiyear deal. And that happens all the time.

His is a broken link.