GDT week 15 Broncos at Colts.

thebestever6

The NFL really screwed Canada by moving the televising rights to a streaming company "Dazone".  So I have been watching what tv programming allows and the broncos haven't been shown four 4 straight weeks due to their abysmal record.  So it was easy for me to cheer on ELWAYS BROWNCOS and hope for the losses and a high pick.  But actually having the opportunity to see them I couldn't help but root for them to win - I bring this up as it has been an issue on the board.  

I also agree with JS.  I have made it clear that I dislike what Brock did to us by leaving.  I actually think that had the moron never left we would have been in the playoffs last year and this year - I think if he stayed in our system he would not have derailed and he was a fit for us which in my mind only emphasizes why I hate him for leaving.   But now that he has derailed will he ever come back?  Playing a great game against a third string D doesn't prove anything and against good teams he has continued to fail.  But like JS I hope we are sensible when it comes to our future QB.  I personally wouldn't mind Tyrod but my thoughts will be influenced by what happens and what is available and what we may lose out on.   I have to admit though that draft wise the win was costly.  We now have 7 teams under us and three teams tied with us.

But that shot of Elway in the booth spoke volumes to me.  I think he knows that to a large degree this is on him and that nut is just so competitive he will do anything and everything to right the ship.   He clearly was a nervous embarrassed wreck and he should be - I was just glad to personally see it!  I just hope he hasn't burned to many bridges where the free agents we need to come in won't.      

Brock should be the backup on this team next year. I know a lot of people don't like him, but he's a very, very viable backup option. I thought McGovern looked pretty damn good too, for what it's worth. Gotsis had a nice game. Most of the secondary and Parks played well. Latimer had an especially nice game.

Marshall played like garbage. He looks slow. That was a pretty BAD signing, IMO. 

It's a bummer that we've played ourselves out of reasonable QB range in the draft, but there should be some solid players (Quenton Nelson?) available when we pick.

4 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I know the Broncos are going to be on the QB search, but I hope they don't go overboard with it...meaning, let's look at what we already have...Chad Kelly was deemed a 1st or a 2nd round pick before he got hurt, even despite some of his off the field antics.  I mean, what the difference between Chad and Baker Mayfield?  The games I saw Chad play in, he was just as competitive as Baker.  

Does it bother you than no one who spends any time around the team or on the practice field has been singing his praises?

If he was the future, he would've generated SOME hype. We've heard zero Chad Kelly revelations from the reasonable-minded boots on the ground. 

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

Brock should be the backup on this team next year. I know a lot of people don't like him, but he's a very, very viable backup option. I thought McGovern looked pretty damn good too, for what it's worth. Gotsis had a nice game. Most of the secondary and Parks played well. Latimer had an especially nice game.

Marshall played like garbage. He looks slow. That was a pretty BAD signing, IMO. 

It's a bummer that we've played ourselves out of reasonable QB range in the draft, but there should be some solid players (Quenton Nelson?) available when we pick.

There will be some exceptional talent available at our draft spot. We'll learn more about Williams injury, but I'd love to see he and Bolles at OT.

26 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

Does it bother you than no one who spends any time around the team or on the practice field has been singing his praises?

If he was the future, he would've generated SOME hype. We've heard zero Chad Kelly revelations from the reasonable-minded boots on the ground. 

Well, he has been recovering from injury. That and the hype train was already busy trying to convince us Lynch or Siemian and now Brock are the QBOTF.

58 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

I don't know.  Maybe his uncle told him to lay low till he gets his shot?  I would let Chad simmer a bit and grow up...but only a bit...I think some hot headedness can be of value for a football player. 

33 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

So it's a vast media conspiracy. 

Nah, they just had other stories from Dove Valley to push. Why bring up a rookie QB on IR.

I figure we'll start getting accurate reports of his progress during OTA's this year. We may start getting a clue during FA and the draft. He's the real wildcard and unknown in our QB discussion.

2 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Boy do I agree with you on Marshall. He's not the same player he was in the Super Bowl year. Perhaps he spend more time focused on football rather than on social activism. Regardless, we're married to him for at least another year. According the spotrac, his cap hit for 2018 is $7m with a dead cap figure of $6m, he's not going anywhere. Same with DT, and I'm not saying DT has regressed at the same level as Marshall has, DT is going count just north of $12m against the cap with $15.5m in dead money. He could be a candidate for a restructuring, however. 

3 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Man.. I really expected Marshall to step up and be a legit pro bowl caliber player this year. He just doesn't have the speed though. I think having Trevathan next to him masked a lot of his short comings. As it stands, neither one of our ILB's can hang with running backs receiving out of the backfield and teams have been taking advantage of it for 2 seasons now. 

1 hour ago, bMiller031 said:

Fair point. Aside from one case of someone watching him throw after practice, I haven't heard ANYTHING about him. With all the QB turmoil, you'd think players would at least be mentioning him in conversation if he was flashing potential. I'm still intrigued by him though. I mentioned before, I had a friend that went to Clemson. Dude has a million dollar arm. That doesn't count for everything, but you'd think it would be a topic of discussion at some point. 

31 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

Fair point. Aside from one case of someone watching him throw after practice, I haven't heard ANYTHING about him. With all the QB turmoil, you'd think players would at least be mentioning him in conversation if he was flashing potential. I'm still intrigued by him though. I mentioned before, I had a friend that went to Clemson. Dude has a million dollar arm. That doesn't count for everything, but you'd think it would be a topic of discussion at some point. 

We have to keep in mind, he doesn't receive one rep in practice and hasn't all season. He's the 4th QB,  a rookie on IR. There's just nothing to report, good or bad. That in itself is a positive. He hasn't had a chance to do anything good, but he's stayed out of trouble both on and off the field.

I also agree with JS.  I have made it clear that I dislike what Brock did to us by leaving.

You would have to be an idiot to not take the money your first contract coming off a rookie deal. We dodged a bullet by not paying him that money, but its bananas for anyone to have any ill will towards a guy for going where the money is. For all he knew, it could be the last big contract he ever gets. And what do you know, he was right. Brock taking money over this absurd notion of loyalty is the primary example of why players should always cash in after their rookie deals.

Its bad in hindsight, but at the time everyone was basically on board with paying him over Danny. Looking back, that was an odd consensus. Marshall was a 1.5 season wonder who basically came out of nowhere. Danny had been playing a steady role for years. We paid the guy who had a considerably smaller pedigree, was older and none of us really were against it at the time, myself included. Just a head scratching forum consensus.

He is a R7 pick that hasn't played football in like a year. No one knows if he is the future, but looking back on his college years he has all the tools. I would say that no news is good news when it comes to Chad. He isn't getting in trouble and he has had a lot of opportunity to be a knucklehead with a year plus away from football. You cant declare a R7 pick the future, but you can hope he takes that round 1/2 skillset and talent and is able to harness it with maturity and professionalism. You cant really get hype when you aren't on the field.

@BroncosFan2010 to be fair, most of the forum also took into consideration the significant injuries that Danny had. He sustained medial tibial impaction fracture,  fracture to his left knee cap, and dislocation of his left knee cap. Those are significant injuries. That is why I suspect he only got a 4 year $28 million dollar contact in the open market. Also to note, both players; Marshall and Trevathan have sustained injuries since their contracts. Marshall with a bad hammy and now shoulder. Trevathan with a ruptured patellar tendon in his right knee. Both players aren't what they were in 2015.

Archived