Commanders must threaten the bears that they’ll give MHJ to Cards in case they want to trade the 1st pick

Vladimir L

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I’m not following this logic 

I think I get it.

1. Bears have 1st pick and Commanders 2nd
2. Bears want MHJ
3. They think they can trade down to the Cards pick because Commanders will take a QB
4. Commanders "bluff" that they will take MHJ if they do that
5. The idea is to force Chicago to stay put and take MHJ leaving Williams (or their QB of choice) available for them to pick instead of being sniped by the Cards

At least that is what I think he is saying, and it isn't that insane

• Like 4

There are teams that can bluff that they're not going to take a QB because they like what they have in house.  But in order for that bluff to work, other teams need to buy that your belief in your guy actually makes some kind of sense.  If the Commanders really want to say "we believe in Sam Howell, so we want Mavin Harrison Jr." the response from most teams would be "let's see how that works out for them, lol."

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I think I get it.

1. Bears have 1st pick and Commanders 2nd
2. Bears want MHJ
3. They think they can trade down to the Cards pick because Commanders will take a QB
4. Commanders "bluff" that they will take MHJ if they do that
5. The idea is to force Chicago to stay put and take MHJ leaving Williams (or their QB of choice) available for them to pick instead of being sniped by the Cards

At least that is what I think he is saying, and it isn't that insane

Cards want MHJ badly too and they can bluff that they will give him to the Cards 

7 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

There are teams that can bluff that they're not going to take a QB because they like what they have in house.  But in order for that bluff to work, other teams need to buy that your belief in your guy actually makes some kind of sense.  If the Commanders really want to say "we believe in Sam Howell, so we want Mavin Harrison Jr." the response from most teams would be "let's see how that works out for them, lol."

No the bluff is that they will give him to the cardinals 

9 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'd take Sam Howell + MHJ over Drake Maye

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Unpopular take:  Washington should take MHJ regardless at 2 and take a QB next year. 

Who are you excited about in the 2025 draft?  I think I'm out on Shedeur, Allar, and Milroe as NFL guys.  I think this is the year I'd rather grab my QB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Who are you excited about in the 2025 draft?  I think I'm out on Shedeur, Allar, and Milroe as NFL guys.  I think this is the year I'd rather grab my QB.

The first 2 for sure.  Also Quinn Ewers could have a breakout year as a Jr. if Arch Manning dont take the job from him during the season.

Edited by Texansfan713