Falcons fire HC Arthur Smith

Texansfan713

26 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

@scar988 We did it. We manifested greatness into existence. REJOICE!

He deserved to be fired.

19 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I was told 11 wins. I was told Smith wasn't on the hot seat this year. I was told Ridder had generational ability.

I was lied to. Right to my face.

Meh, I was lied to and was just passing it along.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Hilarious considering Dennis Allen spent all season apologizing for Derek "he just needs a defense" Carr.

I know you get your rocks off any chance you get to bash Derek Carr, but he's far better than any QB on the Falcons roster. He also actually played pretty well over the last 5-6 games of the season for us. It could be far worse, it's not like we're putting Jimmy G or Aiden O'connell out there every week 😂

Edited by tyler735

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I know you get your rocks off any chance you get to bash Derek Carr, but he's far better than any QB on the Falcons roster. He also actually played pretty well over the last 5-6 games of the season for us. It could be far worse, it's not like we're putting Jimmy G or Aiden O'connell out there every week 😂

And the season is over..... Falcons will get a new coach and QB. Would rather be them than stuck with a 100 mil gtd wrapped in a mid QB who only managed one more win than Jimmy G and O'connell despite the easiest schedule in football. And the Saints are my #2 team. Fire Allen, cut Carr and rebuild already.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

And the season is over..... Falcons will get a new coach and QB. Would rather be them than stuck with a 100 mil gtd wrapped in a mid QB who only managed one more win than Jimmy G and O'connell despite the easiest schedule in football. And the Saints are my #2 team. Fire Allen, cut Carr and rebuild already.

lol

7 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

I've never seen a coach more clueless about how to use his weapons than Arthur Smith. If this guy were coaching the 2021 Rams, the offense would have been run through Tyler Higbee and Van Jefferson.

Thats called the Eric Bieniemy special

8 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Everyone's going to mention Pitts & Bijan, but what I'm excited about is the next Head Coach finally unlocking the immense potential that I've been told Desmond Ridder has. 

He's gonna have to work seriously hard on Ridder between the ears to make that happen.  Tools wise and mechanics he is everything you want a franchise QB to be.  Pretty big arm, Solid size for a QB at 6'3 215, Above avg speed, can make all the throws to anywhere on the field.   But lord his processing speed and trying to forc ehim to read anything more than 1 read was a nightmare.  Add that onto him being sloppy with the ball when having to think to much and it was just terrifying.  But as said if someone can ever get to him and maybe it comes with experience sitting behind a vet  QB thats good for a few years and working with him.  Then he might turn into a very solid Qb in the future but the falcons imo aren't the team to do that unless we go with a guy like Cousins for a few years and Ridder learns under him.

How the hell did this guy make Tanne look like prime Brees??? Such a got damm shame. Guy ran his offense thru Jonnu and goal line merchant Tyler.. Unreal. Just wasted and set back Atlanta back 2-3 years. They could have made the playoffs with so many other coaches.. 

On 1/12/2024 at 12:47 AM, El Ramster said:

How the hell did this guy make Tanne look like prime Brees??? Such a got damm shame. Guy ran his offense thru Jonnu and goal line merchant Tyler.. Unreal. Just wasted and set back Atlanta back 2-3 years. They could have made the playoffs with so many other coaches.. 

1.  Great OL.

2.  Only 2 guys you could hand ball off or throw to - Derrick Henry & AJ Brown.   No Mack Hollins or backup RB to give more touches/targets as "top 10 players" (Allgeir lol).   Didn't waste draft capital on TE so Jonnu Smith wouldn't steal targets either.

3.  Mike Vrabel in charge, to prevent all the boneheaded personnel decisions Smiith made in ATL (imagine Vrabel if he had Bijan Robinson and he'd watch Tyler Allgier out-touch him overall and even more in the RZ).

Smith was a creative run playcaller.   But it's clear that was his thing, and he wasn't really that good of an OC (if he didn't understand personnel to the extent of ATL).    And if he wasn't that good of an OC.....well, HC was even worse.   

On 1/11/2024 at 9:19 PM, FalconFan13 said:

But lord his processing speed and trying to forc ehim to read anything more than 1 read was a nightmare.  Add that onto him being sloppy with the ball when having to think to much and it was just terrifying

This is enough to say he will never be a relevant player in the league. Tons of guys have shown flashes, but in the NFL it takes a lot more than that