AFC Wildcard Round: #7 Pittsburgh @ #2 Buffalo

Trentwannabe

Who Wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this AFC Battle

1 minute ago, Dan33185 said:

Steelers fans just don't how good they have it. Pretty much every other franchise except for a select few would kill to have the success they've had under Tomlin.

They're spoiled, but I get it. They're just good enough to have a winning season and make the playoffs, but won't do anything once they make the playoffs. I think Tomlin is a very good coach, and Pittsburgh very well could miss him if he were to leave, but it's kind of like Andy Reid in Philadelphia... sometimes it's just best for both parties to move on.

As a Browns fan, I know Pittsburgh could do way worse than Tomlin. But I'd also be worried that they'd strike gold with whatever new coach they hire.

2 minutes ago, Dan33185 said:

Steelers fans just don't how good they have it. Pretty much every other franchise except for a select few would kill to have the success they've had under Tomlin.

I'm perfectly fine. The Steelers fans who want him gone because they want a Super Bowl strike me as the kids who were spoiled as a child and don't realize that there are 31 other teams working just as hard.  The Steelers don't get to win the Super BOwl just because they're the Steelers.

Just now, DawgX said:

They're spoiled, but I get it. They're just good enough to have a winning season and make the playoffs, but won't do anything once they make the playoffs. I think Tomlin is a very good coach, and Pittsburgh very well could miss him if he were to leave, but it's kind of like Andy Reid in Philadelphia... sometimes it's just best for both parties to move on.

As a Browns fan, I know Pittsburgh could do way worse than Tomlin. But I'd also be worried that they'd strike gold with whatever new coach they hire.

I feel the Reid comparison is lazy though because this team has essentially been in rebuild mode, but not really, for four years now. If Ben doesn't hold the team hostage then who knows what happens.

4 minutes ago, Dan33185 said:

Except I'm so tired of this narrative. What has he really accomplished in all those .500+ seasons? At some point you just gotta move on. The goal isn't to go .500 and look mediocre as **** doing it. It's to win a SB.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

It depends on the state of your team, IMO.

Yeah, I personally don't agree that "hope" is worth losing more when the best franchises are staying stable picking at the end of the draft every year, but I also know that I a LOT of folks disagree with my take so I get it.

5 minutes ago, Dan33185 said:

Dynasties screw up people's perception of expected success. Like, mathematically, you are only supposed to win a SB every 32 years. But we expect one in like 5-6 years MAX and expect to be close to one within like 3-4 or we just "need change", even if we don't think it's necessarily their fault exactly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VigilantZombie said:

Except I'm so tired of this narrative. What has he really accomplished in all those .500+ seasons? At some point you just gotta move on. The goal isn't to go .500 and look mediocre as **** doing it. It's to win a SB.

Yeah. I'd rather several losing seasons with the odd case of hope. /s

• Like 2