Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Nobody cares about the Cowboys lmao

Dallas stadium is fun, food in the city is good, most people are nice.  They havnt won anything in like 30 years. This is not even remotely close to a rivalry.

They just happen to be overrated this year, just like nearly every year for 30 years. 

Love may well drop 42 on that defense 

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

What exactly did I try? I was simply making innocent football discussion on a football forum and you all started foaming at the mouth because I didn’t come here to say GO. PACK. GO.

Seriously, it was just a matter of you all not wanting to see any pro-Cowboys talk. I never said anything outrageous or trollish. 

Dude you are on the Packers forum.  We don't want to here any pro Cowpokes talk.  What don't you get?  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Twould be quite pleasant if MM nuked his timeouts and his team committed 10+ penalties.

This is all but guaranteed.  Plus we will throw three times with a lead late in Q4 when we’re trying to kill the clock and let y’all keep all your TO

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

This is all but guaranteed.  Plus we will throw three times with a lead late in Q4 when we’re trying to kill the clock and let y’all keep all your TO

Gotta have a late lead for that 😉

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Dude you are on the Packers forum.  We don't want to here any pro Cowpokes talk.  What don't you get?  

They're a martyr and victim. You should really be more sensitive /s

1 hour ago, MaddHatter said:

Against Joe Barry's defense a pass is almost a guaranteed completion, so don't worry. A run is like a touchdown. We can't stop the run. I hope MM can't figure that out :prays:

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Did the Packers fly to Dallas this late afternoon, early evening?  That kind of throws things out a whack if true. Saw a video from packers.com of the players getting on the plane. 

They probably already left considering the storm is gonna last from 3am til noon Saturday.

The Packers will be up 27-6 by halftime. At the half Joe Barry, who overslept, finally makes it to the stadium and takes charge of the defense, going full prevent. The offense stalls and Dallas ties 27-27 before Love leads a two minute 95 yard touchdown drive. Packers win 33-27 after we miss the XP in a stark reminder that we still have things to work on.

• Like 3

I have read a frankly ridiculous amount of stuff hyping the Packers in the game against Dallas. Streamers I never knew existed have come out of the woodwork from all over the place to push the agenda of the Packers beating the Cowboys.

Well, they might, they certainly have a chance...........but. The Cowboys now have enough motivational propaganda to overflow their bulletin boards and paper the whole stadium. The past several games where the Packers beat the Cowboys only adds to that. The Packers are the current media darling team to the extent that the press has gone way overboard and the Cowboys should be motivated right up to the max, to beat the Packers.

I don't expect a Packers victory (though I'd be chuffed as hell if they did). I do expect a very physical, chippy game, so I'll be crossing my fingers and hoping we see a bit of awesome from JL and his receivers - and a Packers defense with a decent plan for Lamb.

As for the 'House Money' meme, I think that damages the Packers, as it suggests it is fine if they lose, because they have already 'won the season'. Fans can think that way because it changes nothing, but the players need to believe they can win and be willing to put every ounce of fire and commitment they have into this game, to make that happen.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

We are losing 51-45 in OT. History repeats, Love is a future HoF QB and Barry gets fired.

Lol I was thinking about this yesterday that I could totally see this being a 2009 Wild Card type of game. Could also see it being like that 2016 NFCCG (yikes) or the 2010 Divisional Round game.

The most interesting aspect of this game for me is that I just have no idea what to expect. We have no idea how Jordan Love is going to handle the pressure of a playoff game. He has been absolutely DYNAMITE the last few weeks, but this huge playoff game on the road coupled with his tendency to force some throws, I could see things going south too. 

As for the defense, they just don't make any sense. They play well against teams they shouldn't play well against and they stink against teams they shouldn't stink against.

That said, I can't pick against the Pack. Jordan Love begins begins his legacy as the next great playoffs quarterback and picks apart the Dallas defense. The O line will give him time and the receivers will get open in the middle of the field. We spin the wheel on defense and land on 'just enough'. Anders Carlson is perfect on the day (🥴).

Pack 31 - Cowgirls 27

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I have read a frankly ridiculous amount of stuff hyping the Packers in the game against Dallas. Streamers I never knew existed have come out of the woodwork from all over the place to push the agenda of the Packers beating the Cowboys.

Well, they might, they certainly have a chance...........but. The Cowboys now have enough motivational propaganda to overflow their bulletin boards and paper the whole stadium. The past several games where the Packers beat the Cowboys only adds to that. The Packers are the current media darling team to the extent that the press has gone way overboard and the Cowboys should be motivated right up to the max, to beat the Packers.

I don't expect a Packers victory (though I'd be chuffed as hell if they did). I do expect a very physical, chippy game, so I'll be crossing my fingers and hoping we see a bit of awesome from JL and his receivers - and a Packers defense with a decent plan for Lamb.

As for the 'House Money' meme, I think that damages the Packers, as it suggests it is fine if they lose, because they have already 'won the season'. Fans can think that way because it changes nothing, but the players need to believe they can win and be willing to put every ounce of fire and commitment they have into this game, to make that happen.

If the Cowgirls need motivational propaganda from the media, they are in big trouble. 

10 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

Dallas stadium is fun, food in the city is good, most people are nice.  They havnt won anything in like 30 years. This is not even remotely close to a rivalry.

They just happen to be overrated this year, just like nearly every year for 30 years. 

Love may well drop 42 on that defense 

Your team hasn’t reached 40+ all season. Not once in 17 opportunities. What reason so you think it would happen now of all times against a solid defense and a team that hasn’t lost at home since week one of the 2022 season?