2024 Off Season Thread

39 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I love the overreaction of that press conference. Oh, Broncos they revealed so much what am I missing? All I saw was Paton being a lawyer over sean making sure he says nothing stupid lol. 

What was the overreaction?

The pre-draft press conference is the most useless event of the draft calendar, even Elway, who didn't keep things anywhere as close to the vest as this regime, said nothing of value. 

12 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

What was the overreaction?

The pre-draft press conference is the most useless event of the draft calendar, even Elway, who didn't keep things anywhere as close to the vest as this regime, said nothing of value. 

every pod I listened to which is a lot is like we learned so much from it that's the overreaction.I'm hunkered down in draft season but i don't love jumping to conclusions. Based on virtually nothing said lol.

Even at qb they're weak conclusions George said we have 7 or 8 qbs in this draft that we think can play in this league. So I hear more assumptions that the ones he likes are the top 8 graded qbs in this draft I just don't buy it.

Edited by thebestever6

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

every pod I listened to which is a lot is like we learned so much from it that's the overreaction.I'm hunkered down in draft season but i don't love jumping to conclusions. Based on virtually nothing said lol.

Even at qb they're weak conclusions George said we have 7 or 8 qbs in this draft that we think can play in this league. So I hear more assumptions that the ones he likes are the top 8 graded qbs in this draft I just don't buy it.

The only thing I really noted was the heavy emphasis on getting an impact player at 12.

8 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

The only thing I really noted was the heavy emphasis on getting an impact player at 12.

I got a feeling they love latu his neck injuries scare me though idk how I'd feel great player but their are some risks.

43 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

and they did say that you're 100% right, but in the same interview they said they've had calls to move up and calls to move back. So everything contradicted each other.

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I thought McCarthy was similar too but I think McCarthy if closer to Jake Plummer and that's not an endorsement 😄

the last 8 years made me appreciate Plummer more well I appreciate Manning more too, but you know what I mean.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

A colleague of mine is from Minneapolis and was saying today how the Vikings are trading the two first round picks for Justin Herbert if JJ is still on the board when the chargers pick.

What’s the craziest rumor you’ve heard floated recently?

I'm hearing the same rumor but Chargers would have $100 mill of dead cap from it. Can't see it happening and It came from antonio browns ctespn.

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Sounds like we're signing Levi Wallace to a 1-year deal. Would think this likely takes CB off the table R1.

Agreed. I think Damarri Mathis will be given every opportunity to win his RCB job back and this guy is just insurance but I don’t see us drafting another CB when we have Surtain, Wallace, Mathis, McMillian and Moss. Wallace is basically your Fabian Moreau replacement. 

If it’s not a QB, I think it’s probably going to be a DL guy most likely (edge and IDL both in play) with a smaller chance of TE, OL or WR.

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

Agreed. I think Damarri Mathis will be given every opportunity to win his RCB job back and this guy is just insurance but I don’t see us drafting another CB when we have Surtain, Wallace, Mathis, McMillian and Moss. Wallace is basically your Fabian Moreau replacement. 

If it’s not a QB, I think it’s probably going to be a DL guy most likely (edge and IDL both in play) with a smaller chance of TE, OL or WR.

I'm more of the belief that Wallace will compete with/mentor Riley Moss. Both Paton and Payton have said he has starter ability and they did make a signigicant trade up in last year's draft to get him so he's got to get some traction soon =, else he a bust.