2024 Off Season Thread

8 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I will add, the casual fans and the media were apoplectic when we took PS2 over Justin Fields. How’d that work out? We got a perennial All Pro at a critical position in PS2 while Fields is now Russ’ backup for a different franchise than the one that drafted him. 

PS2 is an overrated CB. I would rather have drafted Justin Fields. The Broncos wouldn't have so much cap damage right now had they did that.

7 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

PS2 is an overrated CB. I would rather have drafted Justin Fields. The Broncos wouldn't have so much cap damage right now had they did that.

Completely asinine take. The mental gymnastics this takes puts Simone biles to shame. Who’s to say that after seeing how bad Fields was the Broncos don’t still make the trade for an aging Russ to “mentor” him for a couple years? You’re comparing two end points, one based on reality the other beard one layers upping layers of your own assumptions and “what ifs.” 

PSII is a Pro Bowl caliber player. Fields will be out of the NFL before year 7 with a career losing record. 

Edited by broncos_fan _from _uk
  • Like 4

On 4/5/2024 at 4:28 PM, thebestever6 said:

what are your thoughts on Telesco? Raiders scare me I love the coach and the gm has to be better than before Mayok was there.

I think he was the right choice for the team. He's a veteran guy from the Polian tree. He's had his share of good and bad in both FA and the draft like all GMs. There is a conversation/debate on how much influence Dean Spanos had in LA and how that effected some decisions. That will need to play out. 

But for the Raiders who dealt with Gruden/Mayock blowing 12 of 13 top 100 picks when they were in charge. To Dave Ziegler taking marching order from McDaniels, Telesco looks like exactly what you want. A buttoned up vet with good connections who built a talented, albeit underperforming roster for the Chargers.

Pierce seems humble and likely to let Telesco do his job. And in return, coach the guys up which he showed proficiency with last season. I think the pairing can work. But, it's the Raiders and drama always seems to find them. 

Heard we may be looking at CLE QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson. We saw him play last year and I thought he had some serious potential. Only 24yo, he's currently only 4th on the Browns depth chart but is U/C  so we'd have to wait until he's cut or make a trade for him. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Completely asinine take. The mental gymnastics this takes puts Simone biles to shame. Who’s to say that after seeing how bad Fields was the Broncos don’t still make the trade for an aging Russ to “mentor” him for a couple years? You’re comparing two end points, one based on reality the other beard one layers upping layers of your own assumptions and “what ifs.” 

PSII is a Pro Bowl caliber player. Fields will be out of the NFL before year 7 with a career losing record. 

1 hour ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

What is this? 😅

Hilariously bad if someone is grading that in hindsight. So Surtain, Williams, Meinerz (that's 3 probowl caliber right there), then Browning, Sterns, Cooper....a "C being nice." I mean I don't think there's much else to say about how truly bad of a take that is

• Like 5

Just  follow up on who we still need to sign this FA period per B/R

"Denver Broncos: CB Ahkello Witherspoon

While the Broncos have an excellent No. 1 corner in Patrick Surtain II, they could use an upgrade on the other side of Surtain. Currently slated as the team's other starting corner is Damarri Mathis, who allowed a 135.9 passer rating when targeted and earned a 36.7 coverage grade last season, according to Pro Football Focus.

Meanwhile, PFF is projecting Witherspoon to receive just a one-year, $3 million contract after he posted figures of 76.7 and 61.6 in the same metrics during the 2023 campaign."

And $3M per is not an exorbitant cost IMO "

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10115762-1-free-agent-still-on-the-market-who-can-help-each-nfl-team-in-2024

Edited by Cutler06

12 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

If you want to LEMMING theses guys opinion, you've killed your own crediblity here, they're pathetic IMO

They are telling the truth, unlike the content creators like Cody Roark, and Elway shills like Schlereth. BucketMan actually looks at film, and these other people don't. You should listen to what they are saying, because they are usually right.

2 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

They are telling the truth, unlike the content creators like Cody Roark, and Elway shills like Schlereth. BucketMan actually looks at film, and these other people don't. You should listen to what they are saying, because they are usually right.

Well, I have my opinion, and you have BucketMan's .....I like evaluating things for myself

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

I watched their newest episode to give em a chance. My dude....in the span of 30 minutes the guys said that they believe elway is still in charge and the walmarts and Payton are just pawns, we ruin QBs and cited Kubiak not giving Paxton a chance, insulted a portion of people who listen to their podcast (continued in the comments btw) while at the same time saying dnvr podcast is paying money to sabotage them from getting airtime (said it's the only reason they don't get 1k views), and then stating mark Schlereth is one of the hundreds that watch them and is "stealing their talking points."

Genuine question, what keeps you watching when you hear these things?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dbrog24 said:

I watched their newest episode to give em a chance. My dude....in the span of 30 minutes the guys said that they believe elway is still in charge and the walmarts and Payton are just pawns, we ruin QBs and cited Kubiak not giving Paxton a chance, insulted a portion of people who listen to their podcast (continued in the comments btw) while at the same time saying dnvr podcast is paying money to sabotage them from getting airtime (said it's the only reason they don't get 1k views), and then stating mark Schlereth is one of the hundreds that watch them and is "stealing their talking points."

....You spent 30 minutes watching that?

Edited by BroncoSojia
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dbrog24 said:

When they were referring to the DNVR podcast, they said that they can buy views because they get more money by lying to the people, which those two don't do. Chopped Liver used to cover the Giants and the Bills, so he isn't just some guy. He has been doing this for a while.

Also, I don't know how much Elway is still involved, but I think that he is involved somewhat. The same FO that has been screwing drafts up since 2017 is still there:

https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/front-office-roster/

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/08/denver-broncos-announce-several-changes-to-scouting-staff/

If this ownership group is so great, why aren't they getting rid of all these people, and cutting off any influence that Elway still may have (which, I believe is at least partial)?

Edited by 7DnBrnc53