2024 Off Season Thread

This dynamic with Broncos, Raiders both needing QBs sitting 12 and 13 in the draft is interesting. If one makes a move, the other is left out. It will add a wrinkle to the rivalry. I will actually be shocked if Denver trades up with all the recent assets they've given traded.

The Vikings looks well positioned with picks to make the move ahead of them both unfortunately. 

Note on Paton.... is he safe? I read early on this offseason he looks positioned to be let go post draft. Any truth to that?

I've been a member since 2005. I've known a lot of Broncos posters for a long, long time. Love me or hate me, I've be an active member of this rivalry and have a ton of respect for most of you. Wish you guys all the best this offseason. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, vike daddy said:

the site started in late 2004 so you would have been an early, early member. i came on in March 2005.

Chris... the Denver fan and then Denver mod... we had trouble with Chris. had to umm, release him from his mod contract, let's say.

Chris and I used to get into it a lot lol. Fun times.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2024 at 1:13 PM, broncos67 said:

Saw this little news story this morning. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/american-football/68659459

Apparently we're meeting with a well known Welsh rugby player (Louis Rees-Zammit) who is looking to latch onto an NFL team. Maybe @lomaxgrUK knows a thing or two about him, but it seems like this dude is super fast and is looking to catch on somewhere as a WR.

It's fascinating that we're bringing him in but makes sense given the Taysom Hill connection in Payton's time in NO. Feels like this guy could be a hell of a chess piece on offense. Worth a dart throw if we can convince him to come here.

My cousin (via my Auntie) is Welsh (via his Dad), and you've no idea how Rugby mad that country is. LRZ was the crown jewel of a decaying Welsh Rugby scene and it's absolutely stunned them that he's quit (for now).

It's just so hard to see a world where someone makes it as a WR at his age that's never played the game. Sure, he has say 7/10 athletic traits for his size, but it would be a miracle if he makes it. At very best he's going to need a year on the PS to learn the game if nothing else (pretty sure international programme players don't count against your roster).

One thing that should go for him is Special Teams. Obviously, Rugby players are 'two way' players. You have to tackle and carry the ball. So, especially with the new kickoff rules, his worth on Special Teams (should he show an aptitude for it) will be his only way onto an active NFL roster in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

We added another body to the WR room, signing Josh Reynolds to a two-year deal with a maximum of $14m. He had a solid year in Detroit last year. 

https://x.com/ParkerJGabriel/status/1773037658769399908?s=20

he was solid for them.  I like that pick a lot. I think I saw him line up at RB too during the Tampa game when everyone else got hurt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

they are trash dude all it is is this obnoxious laughing the whole time.

Those guys actually watch film unlike the liar Cecil Lammey and other trash content creators like him.

13 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This dynamic with Broncos, Raiders both needing QBs sitting 12 and 13 in the draft is interesting. If one makes a move, the other is left out. It will add a wrinkle to the rivalry. I will actually be shocked if Denver trades up with all the recent assets they've given traded.

The Vikings looks well positioned with picks to make the move ahead of them both unfortunately. 

Note on Paton.... is he safe? I read early on this offseason he looks positioned to be let go post draft. Any truth to that?

I've been a member since 2005. I've known a lot of Broncos posters for a long, long time. Love me or hate me, I've be an active member of this rivalry and have a ton of respect for most of you. Wish you guys all the best this offseason. 

Yeah man, I envision the Vikings pulling a fast one and slipping by both of us. 

I think Paton is safe for this year, but IMO he’s really gonna have to nail this draft to stay around any longer. I’ll be curious to see how last year’s rookies progress this season; that might play a role in this equation as well. 

Lmao same to you. Of all the Raiders fans I’ve loved to “hate” in here over the years, you’ve always easily been my favorite. I’ve always looked at this forum as having a real but respectful and knowledgeable rivalry, which pretty rare on the internet. 

• Like 3