2024 Off Season Thread

3 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Yeah, there's no reason for anyone here to blast VD; he's been serious contributor here for as long as I've been here - which dates to 2006, 18 years ago - and the antithesis of a troll. 

Wow it really has been that long 😳

Believe it or not I started posting/lurking around 2006 as well. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Zukhyubern said:

For the first year or so, it was just me, UK, and a guy named Chris chatting amongst ourselves. My original date was Christmas Day, either 2004 or 2005. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

For the first year or so, it was just me, UK, and a guy named Chris chatting amongst ourselves. My original date was Christmas Day, either 2004 or 2005. 

I think I was here around 2006 or so if I recall correctly. Been quite a long time!

58 minutes ago, Zukhyubern said:

31 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

15 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I think I was here around 2006 or so if I recall correctly. Been quite a long time!

I think it was early 2006, might have been a touch earlier, but the first draft I was a part of here was 2006, the draft when Mike traded up to take Jay Cutler. Bunch of us here have almost literally grown up together.  

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

My first draft here was the Jarvis Moss one. I used to get in all manner of squabbles back then.

Ahhhh to be 19 thinking I knew everything about the world!

The Jarvis Moss pick was worth squabbling over. I do remember liking the rest of that draft though: Tim Crowder was a high floor guy to balance out the Moss pick, and then Ryan Harris and Marcus Thomas were bets against injury and maturity concerns, respectively. Didn’t end up getting much from the class as a whole. 

7 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

The Jarvis Moss pick was worth squabbling over. I do remember liking the rest of that draft though: Tim Crowder was a high floor guy to balance out the Moss pick, and then Ryan Harris and Marcus Thomas were bets against injury and maturity concerns, respectively. Didn’t end up getting much from the class as a whole. 

That draft was a wild time on this forum lol. Almost as divisive as the Tebow era.

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I think it was early 2006, might have been a touch earlier, but the first draft I was a part of here was 2006, the draft when Mike traded up to take Jay Cutler. Bunch of us here have almost literally grown up together.  

You're not kidding. I think I started posting on here when I was in high school. I am now 34 with a wife and a kid. What a ride.

• Like 5

This is great reading guys!

I think I first posted in 2007. I'd just taken a contract in Durango that I figured would be my last before I retired. It was lots of fun for me then and still is.  Adding in the marriages, children , jobs and college from the posters always made this site fun.