2024 Off Season Thread

I don't see how Nix is an archetype of a Sean Payton offense, ok he throws short cool. He also throws to his first read most of the time, and a majority of his highlights are rolling out the pocket and making a play off script.

Something that I question if it translates to the next level with NFL Defensive ends. Am I missing something?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Anyways, interesting stuff you guys have going on here. I think the Broncos stay put at 1.12 and take Bo Nix. I'm not sure if it's the right move, but I can't see the owner, coaches or fans being happy with just Stidham and DiNucci.

Well,personally, I think the Broncos will trade back into the 20's to pick up an extra draft pick or two then select Nix or Penix Jr if available (i'd prefer Nix for various reasons). Regardless, Stidham will be the Broncos starter next year, not a full blown tank per say, but his play will allow us a top 5 draft pick(s) next year while also giving our QBOTF time to learn the Broncos/Payton's system, one of most complicated from what I've heard. 

Hopefully the scouting additions to the FO can help us cement a solid, foundational draft this year and utilize the higher draft choices next year to round out a contending team for the future

Edited by Cutler06
  • Like 6

59 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Well,personally, I think the Broncos will trade back into the 20's to pick up an extra draft pick or two then select Nix or Penix Jr if available (i'd prefer Nix for various reasons). Regardless, Stidham will be the Broncos starter next year, not a full blown tank per say, but his play will allow us a top 5 draft pick(s) next year while also giving our QBOTF time to learn the Broncos/Payton's system, one of most complicated from what I've heard. 

Hopefully the scouting additions to the FO can help us cement a solid, foundational draft this year and utilize the higher draft choices next year to round out a contending team for the future

You guys deserve it. I don't think the last decade has been too kind to your team since the Superbowl victory. 

I think some sense of stability would be nice. Between new coaches, QBs, roster fluctuations etc. it hasn't been an easy ride in Broncos Country...

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I don't see how Nix is an archetype of a Sean Payton offense, ok he throws short cool. He also throws to his first read most of the time, and a majority of his highlights are rolling out the pocket and making a play off script.

Something that I question if it translates to the next level with NFL Defensive ends. Am I missing something?

nope. only that over 60% of Nix's yardage total has been gained after the catch via the receivers' legs.

60%!

20 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

nope. only that over 60% of Nix's yardage total has been gained after the catch via the receivers' legs.

60%!

So, an improvement for the Broncos,  don't see a problem here, until we eventually upgrade at the WR position. And if you really want to troll, there's better places than here...schtick is getting old.

Edited by Cutler06

42 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

So, an improvement for the Broncos,  don't see a problem here, until we eventually upgrade at the WR position. And if you really want to troll, there's better places than here...schtick is getting old.

troll? how am i trolling? seriously, i have no idea why you're reacting that way.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

troll? how am i trolling? seriously, i have no idea why you're reacting that way.

C'mon VD, you've already admitted to having your own MINN agenda over on this forum, it's obvious you have no interest in the Broncos. We like to be pro-Broncos here with a positive, vested interest in our future, doesn't seem you care. Maybe trolling is too harsh a word for you, but the negative connotations you've been bringing aren't too far off. 

43 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

C'mon VD, you've already admitted to having your own MINN agenda over on this forum, it's obvious you have no interest in the Broncos. We like to be pro-Broncos here with a positive, vested interest in our future, doesn't seem you care. Maybe trolling is too harsh a word for you, but the negative connotations you've been bringing aren't too far off. 

you're way off base, my man.

i come in here to get any insight that's available for what the Broncos might do in the draft and which prospects you prefer, as if any of us lowly fans have any idea what the teams execs of our favorites might do. nothing more than that. i have no ill will toward the Broncos nor have i expressed any. you're in the AFC, my team is in the NFC, we hardly conflict.

through this 2024 draft process i've come to meet @BowserBroncos, he'll vouch that i wish you guys the best. i bet @AnAngryAmerican might stand up for me too, he's known me for about 20 years now almost.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

I think maybe you're confusing VD with some of our regular Raiders trolls? 

Either way I see no trolling here

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vike daddy said:

you're way off base, my man.

i come in here to get any insight that's available for what the Broncos might do in the draft and which prospects you prefer, as if any of us lowly fans have any idea what the teams execs of our favorites might do. nothing more than that. i have no ill will toward the Broncos nor have i expressed any. you're in the AFC, my team is in the NFC, we hardly conflict.

through this 2024 draft process i've come to meet @BowserBroncos, he'll vouch that i wish you guys the best. i bet @AnAngryAmerican might stand up for me too, he's known me for about 20 years now almost.

Yeah, there's no reason for anyone here to blast VD; he's been serious contributor here for as long as I've been here - which dates to 2006, 18 years ago - and the antithesis of a troll. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Sean Payton said it's realistic we trade up from 12 wow I'm extra nervous now.a

He said that at the media breakfast this morning. Driving in to work this morning it was Cecil Lammey on The Fan bursting at the seams with excitement -"they have to trade up for McCarthy, they have to trade up for McCarthy, you have to get your guy, who cares about the next two drafts, you have to trade up for McCarthy." He's been banging that drum forever. He also said that Drake Maye is a Derek Carr clone. 

Seriously, if they do trade this year's, 2025's and 2026's 1st round picks to move up into the top-3 and take J.J. McCarthy, I'll give them a shot. But if McCarthy busts or we have no way to put talent around him other than by paying A+ prices for B and C level veteran free agents and it doesn't work out, it'll be the end of Sean's and George's careers. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 5