2024 Off Season Thread

3 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Joined in 2007. My first big draft take was wanting Chris Williams over Clady. Oops! 

Hahaha.  Believe I joined 2008.  Would’ve been 19 at the time in a college dorm room.  Good times.  The Bronco forum was much more active back then.  I remember making mock drafts that would have 3 pages worth of replies and debate.  

Hahaha I think some of my first posts were attacking @broncos_fan _from _ukfor being a fraud.   You live and learn.  

As someone else said, may not personally know everyone but there’s a decent group on here that’s been posting together for 15+ years. 

Edited by germ-x
  • Like 6

I think I was 06. I remember my first post was about the Daniel Graham free agent signing lol. I was 14. That’s crazy. FF might outlast twitter at this rate. Kinda sick that this site still exists 

Edited by champ11
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

I think I was 06. I remember my first post was about the Daniel Graham free agent signing lol. I was 14. That’s crazy. FF might outlast twitter at this rate. Kinda sick that this site still exists 

Haha.  When I started Chris was still posting, Elliott, Antisuperstar, Winder.  I am so out of the loop, but Elliott and I ran the site wide mock offseason one time the year Demaryius Thomas was in the draft and we ended up drafting him in the 2nd round.  Again, fun times, spent more time than I should’ve on the site and should’ve been studying, but fun.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Haha.  When I started Chris was still posting, Elliott, Antisuperstar, Winder.  I am so out of the loop, but Elliott and I ran the site wide mock offseason one time the year Demaryius Thomas was in the draft and we ended up drafting him in the 2nd round.  Again, fun times, spent more time than I should’ve on the site and should’ve been studying, but fun.  

Pretty sure we ended up with both Joe Haden and Thomas in that mock draft.  

2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

You can make a strong case this has been the #1 smartest, most well informed group of Broncos fans actively discussing the Broncos in any one place in the world for the last couple decades. That’s not nothing! 

looks at places like reddit, social media, Facebook, forums, etc Yeah I would probably agree with this.

Edited by BroncoSojia
  • Like 2

Saw this little news story this morning. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/american-football/68659459

Apparently we're meeting with a well known Welsh rugby player (Louis Rees-Zammit) who is looking to latch onto an NFL team. Maybe @lomaxgrUK knows a thing or two about him, but it seems like this dude is super fast and is looking to catch on somewhere as a WR.

It's fascinating that we're bringing him in but makes sense given the Taysom Hill connection in Payton's time in NO. Feels like this guy could be a hell of a chess piece on offense. Worth a dart throw if we can convince him to come here.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Is Cody Rager being groomed to be George Patons successor? Haven't seen anyone talk about that move kinda went under the radar.

I think George is here as long as Sean is. If Sean makes a pick/move that doesn’t work out firing George would be an obvious scapegoat move. All accounts are they work well together. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I think George is here as long as Sean is. If Sean makes a pick/move that doesn’t work out firing George would be an obvious scapegoat move. All accounts are they work well together. 

Yeah but Cody Rager followed Sean from New Orleans and in Sean's opinion was their top talent evaluator 

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Is Cody Rager being groomed to be George Patons successor? Haven't seen anyone talk about that move kinda went under the radar.

I don't know if that's the case, but it was another great hire.

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Thanks Cecil Lammey was hinting about that in a video recently I didn't even know we hired him lol.

We've gotten a lot of FO/Staff talent from the Saints this year.

On 3/25/2024 at 7:23 PM, BroncoBruin said:

You can make a strong case this has been the #1 smartest, most well informed group of Broncos fans actively discussing the Broncos in any one place in the world for the last couple decades. That’s not nothing! 

As a member of a large extended family of colorado natives and multiple generations of lifelong bronco fans, I can tell you that in my experience, dealing with my own family, most fans are just uninformed homers. I post almost never here, but I read the forum a bunch, and I would agree with you wholeheartedly.

• Like 6

On 3/25/2024 at 11:46 AM, broncosfan_101 said:

For the first year or so, it was just me, UK, and a guy named Chris chatting amongst ourselves. My original date was Christmas Day, either 2004 or 2005. 

the site started in late 2004 so you would have been an early, early member. i came on in March 2005.

Chris... the Denver fan and then Denver mod... we had trouble with Chris. had to umm, release him from his mod contract, let's say.

• Like 2