2024 Off Season Thread

8 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Those guys actually watch film unlike the liar Cecil Lammey and other trash content creators like him.

Yeh, I am sure regular Broncos fans are watching TONS of film on the Lions week in week out ... Come on.

Josh Reynolds is not "replacing" Jerry Jeudy. Sean Payton could not have made it any clearer that Marvin Mims plays his best football in the same spots Jerry Jeudy was in last year. Reynolds and Patrick will be the ones competing for the same role in all likelihood.

Sean Payton wants to play power football, and that needs 11 guys on the field bought into that. A 3 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE package with Sutton, Reynolds and Patrick out there gives the Defense a lot to think about. That is a hell of a blocking WR group.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

So Cecil Lammey has confirmed the Vikings qb target is Drake Maye. If they get up to 3 Broncos have an easier path to get to 4.

If Minnesota reaches pick 3 for Maye that means Washington chose McCarthy. So I don't see the point in moving up to 4th position because the only 2 QB targets should be Maye and McCarthy.
On the other hand if NE leaves its choice 3 it would be interesting to see what they ask. Denver being only one place further than Minnesota at the start. The only advantage Minnesota may have is that they can initiate a trade before the Draft. Denver will certainly wait until the last moment to try something if they want.

47 minutes ago, French Fan said:

If Minnesota reaches pick 3 for Maye that means Washington chose McCarthy. So I don't see the point in moving up to 4th position because the only 2 QB targets should be Maye and McCarthy.
On the other hand if NE leaves its choice 3 it would be interesting to see what they ask. Denver being only one place further than Minnesota at the start. The only advantage Minnesota may have is that they can initiate a trade before the Draft. Denver will certainly wait until the last moment to try something if they want.

What happened to Daniels? I can't see Washington going anywhere else.

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

What happened to Daniels? I can't see Washington going anywhere else.

I read everywhere that the target of the commanders was McCarthy and no longer Daniels. To see.....unless Washington seeks to go down to recover draft choices.

7 minutes ago, French Fan said:

I read everywhere that the target of the commanders was McCarthy and no longer Daniels. To see.....unless Washington seeks to go down to recover draft choices.

I've read that as well. But hard to believe. It's that time of year. You never know. 

Personally, I rank McCarthy QB2 and ultimately think he will be the best QB in this class when we look back. I could see why Wash may love him. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Those guys actually watch film unlike the liar Cecil Lammey and other trash content creators like him.

Is this your channel? You’ve been posting them a lot and getting pretty defensive about them. If so here’s some helpful critique: the shock jock I’m smarter than everyone else schtick is good for initial viewers (people love an echo chamber) but long lasting and well received shows typically feature discussion and acknowledgment of nuance. Right now this screams “kings of mt stupid” on the dunning Kruger curve.  

• Like 7

7 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Sean Payton wants to play power football, and that needs 11 guys on the field bought into that. A 3 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE package with Sutton, Reynolds and Patrick out there gives the Defense a lot to think about. That is a hell of a blocking WR group.

Good call! Sean's version of this offense looks alot like the Gibbs version in Washington. Power football, with a dangerous vertical passing game. Worked for Joe, 3 rings, 3 different QB's. Look at the YPC numbers of those QB's. 

I know most don't like Stidham but in his 2 games his YPC was about 2 yards more than Russ. A very dangerous vertical game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Good call! Sean's version of this offense looks alot like the Gibbs version in Washington. Power football, with a dangerous vertical passing game. Worked for Joe, 3 rings, 3 different QB's. Look at the YPC numbers of those QB's. 

I know most don't like Stidham but in his 2 games his YPC was about 2 yards more than Russ. A very dangerous vertical game.

Stidham sold me with potential the game he had against the niners being the qb for Vegas I definitely think there's something there.

25 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

wow Penix ran a 4.56 I did not think he was that fast.

And he'd need that kinda speed in Denver with McGlinchey covering his blind side   YIKES

Edited by Cutler06
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

People sleep on Sutton’s blocking sometimes. He had some brutal blocks his rookie season before they banned blindside blocking, and he’s always been willing to put his hands on guys. He’s also gained a decent amount of muscle mass over the last few seasons. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

People sleep on Sutton’s blocking sometimes. He had some brutal blocks his rookie season before they banned blindside blocking, and he’s always been willing to put his hands on guys. He’s also gained a decent amount of muscle mass over the last few seasons. 

I think his desire to block has changed over time too. A man as big as Courtland, he has no excuse for not excelling in that element of the game.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Stidham sold me with potential the game he had against the niners being the qb for Vegas I definitely think there's something there.

Stidham is a below average QB. Sean may be able to scheme him into something halfway decent, but lets not kid ourselves here. There's a reason we have a contingent of 3-5 people at 7 different QBs pro-days and workouts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Stidham is a below average QB. Sean may be able to scheme him into something halfway decent, but lets not kid ourselves here. There's a reason we have a contingent of 3-5 people at 7 different QBs pro-days and workouts.

I know that I mean I can see why we kept stidham rather than adding the same type of thing in free agency.

• Like 2