Titans fire Mike Vrabel

ET80

I'm going to throw out maybe a dumb take per usual but why would the Pats go from a guy who's had 2 bad years (playoffs and 5th in coty voting in 21 with Mac) to ... a guy who's also just had two bad years?

There's no question Belichick has a better resume overall, but he's even arguably got a better resume over the last 6 years (Vrabel's time in TEN).

Like, why is Vrabel considered the best coach on the market and a surprise firing and Belichick is expected to be and no one seems to want a piece of him?

Aren't we just kind of shaking up the snow globe in both cases?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

I'm going to throw out maybe a dumb take per usual but why would the Pats go from a guy who's had 2 bad years (playoffs and 5th in coty voting in 21 with Mac) to ... a guy who's also just had two bad years?

There's no question Belichick has a better resume overall, but he's even arguably got a better resume over the last 6 years (Vrabel's time in TEN).

Like, why is Vrabel considered the best coach on the market and a surprise firing and Belichick is expected to be and no one seems to want a piece of him?

Aren't we just kind of shaking up the snow globe in both cases?

Titans' front office gutted the roster. If the Pats had a bad roster Belichick is to blame for that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Titans' front office gutted the roster. If the Pats had a bad roster Belichick is to blame for that.

That's fair.

But just to entertain my take for a moment, what if we were only considering Belichick the coach and he was willing to work under a GM?

He is probably going to NE if Bill is out. He would be my second choice for the Chargers behind Harbaugh. I know defensive coach and all rhat, but he is a culture builder, leader of men, and the Bolts need that desperately. Hell, I would even be ok if he brings that dumb bastard Arthur Smith with him. 

4 minutes ago, Soggust said:

That's fair.

But just to entertain my take for a moment, what if we were only considering Belichick the coach and he was willing to work under a GM?

I love Belichick but the man is in his 70s. It's fair to suggest his best days are behind him; Vrabel's are likely still to come.

5 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Im surprised because I remember him being like Dan Campbell before Dan Campbell haha

However though, 6 years is a pretty good run and his teams were losing. I could see wanting just a fresh start....

Who wins in a fight between Campbell and Vrabel?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That's actually an interesting pairing, and would really do well with Will Levis. I'm pretty certain that Slowik is taking an offer if it's there, but I also think he really struggled as both a play caller and play designer at times.

It doesn't mean he's not a good choice, just means he might not be ready yet.

he seems VERY green. would be a risk for sure, but i guess it's all a risk at this point lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tab said:

i feel like marc davis will probably do filthy things to get him to Vegas (unless he has ex-patriot coach PTSD of course)

And I feel as if Raiders co-owner Tom Brady will convince his old teammate and fellow Patriots legend to sign there too...

Which would complete the circle of baffling decisions. Raiders HAVE their HC, don't overthink Antonio Pierce.

Just now, -Hope- said:

he seems VERY green. would be a risk for sure, but i guess it's all a risk at this point lol

100% he is, and you have to really guess he's not very ready to put together a staff yet - a lot of guys in Houston and a few guys from San Francisco, a lot of inexperienced bodies across the org. 

Right now would be the wrong time.