2024 Titans HC Coaching Search

KingTitan

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I said yesterday in the thread that trading Vrabel for Belichick+ a pick and getting Mayo here as HC in waiting would be a good situation.

Mayo was such a brilliant player, Vrabel-esque in that way. Loved by his teammates for both the Vols and Patriots. Don't think he's as hard nosed as Vrabel, but according to some maybe that's a good thing.

26 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Make him the OC. Likely won't happen but yeah. 

London just seems like a guy w/ a real future as a head coach one day. He is as distant from Vrabel as anyone on the staff, so to me would feel as "external" of an internal hire as possible.

I like him a lot.

• Like 1

What Are the NFL’s New Hiring Rules?

In May 2023, the NFL instituted a new hiring rule to improve the interviewing and hiring process for head coaches. The change was made to make the process more fair, thorough, and inclusive. It especially aims to advance the league’s Anti-Tampering Policy, which is applicable through May 31, 2024.

The resolution included two changes. The first change is that teams cannot interview a head coach candidate who is employed by another NFL team until the third day after the conclusion of that team’s Week 18 game. This primarily protects teams that did not qualify for the playoffs or teams that earned a first-round bye.

For teams that play in the Wild Card round of the playoffs, coaches cannot be interviewed until the following Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on which day their game is played on.

The second change states that no in-person interviews are permitted with candidates employed by other teams until after all Wild Card games have ended. Before the end of the Wild Card games, in-person interviews can only happen with candidates employed by the team hiring a head coach or candidates not currently employed by the NFL.

----------------------------

Something to keep in mind here.

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The Vol fan in me likes the idea of Mayo as a head coach.

Every other part of me does not want to hire someone straight from ILB coach to head coach.

He's heavily involved in running the Pats defense. They gave him a huge raise to keep him around when other teams have come after him with DC job offers.

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Mike MacDonald might be the only defensive coach I’d be intrigued by.

Jerod Mayo intrigues me to some degree because I think he could be Vrabel/Demeco Ryans like while also potentially bringing in Josh McDaniels. I know many wouldn’t want anything to do with McDaniels though even as OC.

Just now, TitanSlim said:

Jerod Mayo intrigues me to some degree because I think he could be Vrabel/Demeco Ryans like while also potentially bringing in Josh McDaniels. I know many wouldn’t want anything to do with McDaniels though even as OC.

Don’t want anything to do with Patriots at this point.