2024 Titans HC Coaching Search

KingTitan

I really want our HC to be an offensive mind. I want the HC to be thinking about how to score more points when we draft, in FA, when deciding who suits up, how many we keep at each position. I fear if the HC is defensive coach those decisions will all be handled differently. Also I thing offensive coaches are more aggressive by nature, so an offensive coach is more likely to ratchet up the pressure when we get a lead and keep trying to score. Almost all defensive HC's get conservative offensively and defensively with a lead. I'm ready to step on throats instead of hanging on for dear life. 

• Like 2

If it's another DC then this franchise deserves the basement. lol

Golden opportunity right now. Get this one right and we could be actual contenders in a year or so.

Get another "complimentary football" and dEfEnSe WiNs ChAmPiOnShIpS guy and we are definitely back to mediocrity/losing seasons consistently.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

You can guarantee Bobby Slowik is one of them.

It’s so funny how I’ve seen the below every time Slowik is mentioned.

When they led the league in first down pass attempts. It’s like someone saw this chart and decided to call it a day.

I’d be real happy with Slowik. Young, offensive minded, Shanahan tree, just had a lot of success with a group of young receivers and a rookie QB. Like that he was the OC under a defensive HC so there aren’t many questions about who was calling and designing that offense. Added bonus of forcing the Texans to hire a new OC after Stroud’s rookie year. Given the Ran and 49ers connection, he’s probably my current favorite.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It’s so funny how I’ve seen the below every time Slowik is mentioned.

When they led the league in first down pass attempts. It’s like someone saw this chart and decided to call it a day.

I’d be real happy with Slowik. Young, offensive minded, Shanahan tree, just had a lot of success with a group of young receivers and a rookie QB. Like that he was the OC under a defensive HC so there aren’t many questions about who was calling and designing that offense. Added bonus of forcing the Texans to hire a new OC after Stroud’s rookie year. Given the Ran and 49ers connection, he’s probably my current favorite.

The only slight worry is that he’s “green” as a coach but then again, Mike McDaniel was the same and it’s working out with him. Would’ve loved if the Jets fired Saleh and he was able to bring him here with him.

Another thing I like with him (and any offensive guy for that matter), is he has a bit of coaching experience on defense. Was a defensive assistant for Washington, then was a defensive quality control coach for San Francisco.

https://theathletic.com/4885707/2023/09/22/miami-dolphins-frank-smith-offensive-coordinator/

i realize this is more or less a puff piece, but it feels like frank smith might check a lot of the boxes we're looking for:

- offensive guy with a schematically diverse background

- guy who builds strong relationships with players

- very different in demeanor from vrabel; much less of a hardass, seems like he'd vibe with ran

there's also a fascinating note about how during his year with the chargers he worked with rashawn slater on his pass set to get around the issue of his short arms at left tackle. ring any bells? lol

• Like 1

I really am unsure about how I feel going forward.  What ever coach we get I hope he can allow a creativity to take advantage of both one of the top rushers in the history of the NFL who needs a lot of touches to be effective and one of the better ball control 1st down converting WR in football.  While not ignoring the D.  

3 hours ago, -Hope- said:

https://theathletic.com/4885707/2023/09/22/miami-dolphins-frank-smith-offensive-coordinator/

i realize this is more or less a puff piece, but it feels like frank smith might check a lot of the boxes we're looking for:

- offensive guy with a schematically diverse background

- guy who builds strong relationships with players

- very different in demeanor from vrabel; much less of a hardass, seems like he'd vibe with ran

there's also a fascinating note about how during his year with the chargers he worked with rashawn slater on his pass set to get around the issue of his short arms at left tackle. ring any bells? lol

Fantastic read! Thanks for sharing. Add him to the list of guys I hope we check out.

Guy seems to have a knack for bringing the best out in people. And I love his background with the O line. 

Edited by twotonebluenation

I just want an offensive coach. If we get another defensive coach we’ll jus be goin through the same thing we just went through with vrabel hoping he gets the right offensive staff. We always talk about continuity, well what better way to keep the offense the same then having an offensive HC.

on a side note: Frank Smith knows about what speed can do for an offense working with McDaniels. We’ve lacked speed for years

Edited by 615finest

hearing him say players over plays automatically makes me like him lol. For years here it’s always been plays over players. That’s why we always be trotting out guys like Raymond and NWI  in the wrong key situations(Ravens and Bengals). 

Maybe a new coach can get Burks goin playing too his strengths. Looking at his highlights make me sad cuz he don’t seem like the same player at all 

son of a bishhhhhh i woke up wanting brian flores 100% as my #1

i legit poured coffee this morning thinking "maybe he can get some old guy like tom moore to come in and be his OC"

my desire to score 30 ppg is overpowered only by my true passion of poppin pads and sacking the QB

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

son of a bishhhhhh i woke up wanting brian flores 100% as my #1

i legit poured coffee this morning thinking "maybe he can get some old guy like tom moore to come in and be his OC"

my desire to score 30 ppg is overpowered only by my true passion of poppin pads and sacking the QB

He can probably get Matt Canada to come with him.