AFC Divisional Round: 4) Houston Texans @ 1) B'more 'Vens

Longhorns90

Who ya got?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• 4.) Houston Texans
    • 1.) Baltimore Ravens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2024 at 11:30 PM

The Texans defense did a very good job against the Ravens offense in week 1....but that was week 1. I trust Ryans and the crew to have a solid gameplan defensively but not sure if the Texans offense can do much against the great Ravens defense. The Ravens are peaking at the right time.

Ravens 31

Texans 13

• Like 1

Begging for the talking heads to be picking the Texans to upset us all week. The Ravens were very clearly fired up from the media talk of us getting smacked against the 9ers the week leading up to that game.

Give us any angle to feel disrespected, please.

13 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I just don't want to see Baltimore **** the bed again in the playoffs during the Lamar era. Just give me one solid win.

Agree completely.  I can’t take any more of the “Lamar sucks in the playoffs” narrative, because if he plays poorly and we lose, then that narrative becomes reality.

• Like 2

The Ravens roster is superior to the Texans' on pretty much every level.

But you can never rule out a hot QB/OC combo.

Regarding the Ravens defense, I generally fear teams with good a good run game and scheme. The Texans average 3.7 yards/rush attempt, so the Ravens can probably go with a light box and play pass defense every play.

I'm guessing the Ravens will attack the Texans mostly through the air since that's weaker than their run D. But the Ravens also have the option of unleashing Lamar in the run game, since he's been intentionally held back all season by Monken. 

2019 Ravens:

• #1 Seed
  • Highly regarded as the best team in the NFL
  • Lamar winning MVP
  • Amazing defense
  • Facing an AFCS team that is hot at the right time

2023 Ravens:

• #1 Seed
  • Highly regarded as the best team in the NFL
  • Lamar winning MVP
  • Amazing defense
  • Facing an AFCS team that is hot at the right time

Haha. ****.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I just don't want to see Baltimore **** the bed again in the playoffs during the Lamar era. Just give me one solid win.

Loser's mentality IMO. Don't live in fear of embarrassment, embrace rooting for an excellent team.

5 hours ago, Nobellythrower said:

Bro is on his way to a 2nd mvp, voted by the nfl players as the best quarterback in the league this season, and you're saying he can't read a defense, I think it might more then hate at this point

He’s carried by the Defense. 

Playoff football is different. Demeco will cook up the best defensive effort we’ve ever seen. Unless you have prime cooper Kupp those WRs about to be shut down. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Lamar Samuel Jackson Prescott potentially kicked off the playoffs by a rookie?? No Mark Andrew’s here.. I can’t wait!! God please let me make it to the weekend… 

*Mase voice.. Ima standing on BuSINESS.. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Like I said in the Texans board.  I think the first 3 quarters will be close then the Ravens run away with it in the 4th.  Texans need to hope the Ravens dont have rust being off a week.  If the Texans can have Lamar have a similar game like the first week of the regular season then they could possibly pull off the upset.