Eagles C Jason Kelce retiring

notthatbluestuff

One of those guys that plays for one of my most hated rivals that I just can't bring myself to dislike. For the Eagles it's a short list with Dawkins and Westbrook. He was a stud on the field and a really classy guy off. One of the best C's to ever play the game. Big loss for Philly and the tush push 

• Like 7

If he played for any other team, he'd be like Marshawn Lynch to me and be one of my favorite players of all-time, even though they didn't play for my favorite team. Hell, give it a few years and he might even get there anyway. He was the best Center I ever watched. He's a supremely likeable, down to earth guy. Before he became a household name, I remember my Eagles fans friends talking about potentially moving on from him/asking what I thought of him (I think this was 2013 somewhere about? And they knew I really loved). I went on a rant about how good he is and especially how good he was out in space. He made me look really smart by keeping that up, and getting even better, for the next 10 years.

Good riddance (in a nice way).

Like Brian Dawkins,  Jason will never be replaced adequately enough by any 1 player. It's not just about his overal talent as a All Pro Center but the leadership and mentality he demanded from that lockerroom as to what it means/meant to be a Eagle. To be accountable, to do your job!

Enjoy your Gold Jacket in 5 yrs, I might actually make that trip to Canton to see it. 🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1