49ers [24] Packers [21] - PostGame Thread

CWood21

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

So do I, not that I support it, but I think that's what's going to happen. šŸ˜

I donā€™t like it, but if it has to happen, it better be the Barry weā€™ve gotten for the last month. Gute sprinkles in some more talent, MLF makes sure heā€™s calling the defense a little more aggressively. Nothing we can do to change it, if MLF insists on having him back.Ā 

1 hour ago, TransientTexan said:

& for all the ā€œfield-goals-arenā€™t-going-to-be-enoughā€ talking-heads & the nerds that mindlessly parrot them, GB sure could have used a FG on that 2nd drive (setting aside the bad spot on 4th down).

Too many NFL teams throw away easy points early in games as if they 100% *know* whatā€™s going to happen later in their crystal ball, & it ends up biting them.Ā 

This.Ā  All damn day.Ā  I was not pleased in the least when MLF decided not to take the 3 points in the 2nd quarter and instead decided to go for it.Ā  Then our OL gets flattened.Ā  In the end it came back to bite us in the rear.Ā Ā šŸ™

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Now list the 49ers LG, C, RG, RT. They're the best team in football. Shanny is one of the best in football. Next year's Packers will have a hole, so will 2025. Every team does. A great coach keeps the machine running, bad ones use the hole as their excuse.

Shanny just got lucky to escape this game against Joe Barry.

And EVERYONE in the world believes that SF had a strong talent lean (and preparation lean) heading into the game.Ā 

Not sure touting a HC that barely eeked out a win with a supposedly loaded offense as a benchmark for a DC is relevant.

Like...yeah? Everyone thinks HC Kyle Shanahan is a more valuable coach than Joe Barry. But he barely beat Barry tonight.Ā 

Just now, Pugger said:

This.Ā  All damn day.Ā  I was not pleased in the least when MLF decided not to take the 3 points in the 2nd quarter and instead decided to go for it.Ā  Then our OL gets flattened.Ā  In the end it came back to bite us in the rear.Ā Ā šŸ™

Kicking the FG was not a guaranteed success.Ā  You dont " take" the points, you try to score them.Ā Ā 

Ā 

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Was the defense the solution?

If Savage comes away with a pick 6 it sure as hell is.Ā  Ā  If Nixon ends a drive with his INT.Ā  Ā  Ā Forcing Purdy under 59% for the game and putting him repeatedly on the ground.Ā  Ā Ā 

**** Barry though - he should have coached those guys to catch balls that hit them in the hands - that's on him for sure.

Fine line the NFL between moving on and going home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Why canā€™t we lose like regular fā€™n teams. Itā€™s almost always in heartbreaking fashionĀ 

I'll say this.Ā  I'd rather be in our position than some other teams, like Dallas.Ā  Their future with a lame duck HC?Ā  No thanks.Ā  lol

1 hour ago, minnypackerfan said:

Wasn't our day. All three phases had a hand in the 4th quarter collapse.Ā 

Purdy is one lucky quarterback.Ā  But as they say...sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

Love made a critical youthful mistake to end the game. He will have to learn from it. Can't do that and get paid the big bucks.

This is Purdy's ceiling.Ā  SF can have him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

If Savage comes away with a pick 6 it sure as hell is.Ā  Ā  If Nixon ends a drive with his INT.Ā  Ā  Ā Forcing Purdy under 59% for the game and putting him repeatedly on the ground.Ā  Ā Ā 

**** Barry though - he should have coached those guys to catch balls that hit them in the hands - that's on him for sure.

Fine line the NFL between moving on and going home.

This.

I really can't understand why some people just can't acknowledge reality. So emotionally tied to their opinion that they need to voraciously defend ANY crumb of information that doesn't support it.Ā 

It's wild to me.Ā 

I'd LOVE to upgrade the mentality of the defense this off-season. But let's not pretend that Joe Barry hasn't done a really nice job the end of the season with some really questionable talent in the secondary. Especially in the middle.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

The rain seemed worse on our offensive drives and to stop on theirs. Just not our year.

Ā 

Not sure if ders has what it takes to bounce back from ending a season like that.

Ā 

Gary is a nobody.Ā 

I noticed late in the game his jersey was ripped all over.Ā  No holding, right zebras?

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

How many open receivers did Purdy miss? Lots.

And of course that had nothing to do with the time in pocket or feeling any pressure.Ā  Ā  Again, no credit for the defense - that's just on bad Purdy.Ā  Got it.