2023 NFC Championship: 3) Detroit Lions @ 1) San Francisco 49ers

notthatbluestuff

Who wins the NFC?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the NFC?

• Detroit Lions
    • San Francisco 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/2024 at 11:40 PM

Lions would still be down even if they had those 6 points.  Maybe the game changes but the Lions defense got manhandled this 2nd half.  That is why they will lose, not because Campbell was aggressive.

I disagree with him going for it but I don't think the game came down to it.  49ers offense is that much more talented than the Lions and it showed after halftime 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, adamq said:

Win or lose, anyone who suggests the 49ers move on from Brock Purdy this offseason is a ******* idiot 

that contract is the 49ers biggest advantage right now.  Until you have to pay Purdy he should be your qb.  He's so much better than his contract

• Like 3

Just now, Tugboat said:

What an impressive second half disappearing act by the Lions.  Real Houdini ****.

They're like John Reilley's character in "Talladega Nights" -- now you see me, now you don't.

Really, I've loved Dan Campbell staying aggressive. He has an identity, he sticks with it. They probably don't make it this far in the first place if not for it. But you can tie the game there. That's not just points, that's a complete change in game script. If you're down 6, sure, FG doesn't get you a whole hell of a lot. If it's a tie and you want to be aggressive, go nuts. But like...tie the game man. This is a one score game if you make the easy choice there. This isn't even an analytics thing, just a common sense one. I hate settling for FGs, but when it represents a full possession difference in score, you take that.

• Like 3

Just now, iknowcool said:

Lions would still be down even if they had those 6 points.  Maybe the game changes but the Lions defense got manhandled this 2nd half.  That is why they will lose, not because Campbell was aggressive.

I disagree with him going for it but I don't think the game came down to it.  49ers offense is that much more talented than the Lions and it showed after halftime 

I feel like Campbell could feel things shifting with the defense and that’s why he got aggressive.