Board Games (Reviews, Rules, Regulations, Random)

The Gnat

1 hour ago, fretgod99 said:

Pathfinder, Gloomhaven, Pandemic Legacy Season 0, Clank! Legacy, HeroQuest, pretty much anything in the game closet.

Pandemic Legacy Season 0 has been sitting on my shelf as well as Clank! Legacy for a while, waiting for this day. I think I'll start doing more in person gaming starting in May when a number of the group will be fully vaccinated at the start of the month.

On 4/17/2021 at 2:46 PM, The Gnat said:

Pandemic Legacy Season 0 has been sitting on my shelf as well as Clank! Legacy for a while, waiting for this day. I think I'll start doing more in person gaming starting in May when a number of the group will be fully vaccinated at the start of the month.

Our group is starting in May. We’ll all be fully vaccinated. So excited!

On 4/17/2021 at 2:46 PM, The Gnat said:

Pandemic Legacy Season 0 has been sitting on my shelf as well as Clank! Legacy for a while, waiting for this day.

My wife and I played through season 0 on our own. I loved it. It’s such a good take on things. This trilogy has been fantastic.

8 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Got in my first live RPG session (Starfinder) in over 14 months yesterday. Very excited.

We are going to try for once a month going forward.

Nice! I never did Starfinder. But I think they took a bunch of that and rolled it into Pathfinder 2.0, which I’d love to have a chance to play.

On 4/25/2021 at 5:40 AM, SirA1 said:

Got in my first live RPG session (Starfinder) in over 14 months yesterday. Very excited.

We are going to try for once a month going forward.

Nice, eventually that will be the case for me. I think my first bigger in person gaming will be coming up at the start of May. One of my main gaming friends is very much, until everyone one in every household they are seeing is vaccinated, they won't go out and do much.

Also, got myself a gift for getting the 2nd shot, though it won't be here until September, probably. But pre-ordered Super-Skill Pinball: Ramp It Up! an expansion to Super-Skill Pinball roll and write. Time of Legends: Destinies, from Mythic Games and Lucky Duck, a competitive story driven game with app integration which is cool. Plus 2 Arkham Horror LCG expansions.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally gamed in person with a friend after about a year, with a few outdoor masked gamings happening. All fully vaccinated now, so played two games of Dice Throne, love that game. And then we played Isle of Cats. It's been on my shelf for a while, but haven't played it. It's an interesting game, I feel like I don't have time to do all that I want in it, and that it could (should) have gone better for me than it did. But I'm ready to try it again, I think it'll be a game that I like a lot and play pretty often.

Board game night which was going to be digital turned into in person as two of the people who showed up on time and live close just walked over. We played two games of Welcome To, love that roll and write, and two games of Tokyo Highway. That one is a fun balancing game. And talking with some of the regulars, we've decided to do in person next month. Out of all the normal people to come, I think there is only 1 that I don't know if they are vaccinated and the rest are, so no reason not to start in person again.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. I'm on vacation for about 10 days but the wife an I will be house/dog sitting for her parents so we are going to bring a ton of board games and play most of next week.

Kohaku, Dune Imperium, Atlantis Rising, Century Road are some favs but also looking forward to trying my kickstarter The Great Race (to see if I want to back the next expansion) and a few others.

• Like 1

Sooo... in the next 3-4 days I have Middara Unintentional Mallum Act 1 coming in with two KS boxes and playmats, three expansions for Pitchcar which is awesome, Nemesis and the stretch goal box, and an order from Miniature Market containing a small solo gaming Gentle Rain and two small expansions for Aeon's End.

Back to Pitchcar. The game is super fun and super simple. You just take turns flicking a disc, which is your car, around a track that you built. You go off the track you go back to where you flicked from, you flip, back to where you flicked from. First person to finish wins, but man, the tracks are a ton of fun to build. And not only that, the game is a lot of fun with just how simple it is.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get to try the Great Race while I was on vacation last week but did get in several Games with our favs.

Taught Kohaku to the inlaws and got in a few other games as well with the wife.

Same with Century Spice Road. The inlaws even borrowed that one to teach some of their friends.

We are borrowing Spirit Island to learn how to play that.

Got in a few games of Atlantis rising and taught it and Dune Imperium to my wife's friend.

So had a good board game week and then played some Starfinder RPG on Saturday.

• Like 1

We've been playing a lot of Dominion lately.  I try to get a new expansion every time my girlfriend's brother comes into town so I think we're up to 5 of them by now.  

They also brought over Wingspan last time so we played that a few times, pretty fun game.  

• Like 1