Boston College Head Coach Jeff Hafley is Packers New DC

2024 DC Search  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to be the next DC?

• Jeff Hafley
    • Jim Leonhard
    • Wink Martindale
    • Ejiro Evero
    • Christian Parker
    • Zach Orr
    • Jesse Minter
    • Anthony Weaver
    • Chris Hewitt
    • Al Harris
    • Larry Foote
    • Aden Durde
    • Dennard Wilson
    • Aubrey Pleasant
    • Brandon Staley
    • Joe Barry
    • Bobby Babich
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Leslie Frazier
    • Chris Harris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2024 at 01:07 AM

6 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'm not sure I follow.  How would Parker possibly build a new staff for a job he doesn't officially have?  Would he just throw some names out there and GB would decide whether they liked them?

Besides, I expect Parker already knows the majority of the current GB staff and would simply want to retain them.  That's probably part of the reason he got the DC interview in the first place.

Yeah that's definitely not the case, and if Matt LaFleur wanted Parker, he would certainly help him seal the deal with a position coach he wanted too. Does no one any good to pass the buck to Parker alone and see if he sinks or swims there.

• Like 2

Still hoping the Packers interview Dennard Wilson after today. Have a feeling he's going to end up being the best of this group when it's all said and done. Eagles secondary fell apart after he left and Baltimore's has thrived with him this year. 

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Still hoping the Packers interview Dennard Wilson after today. Have a feeling he's going to end up being the best of this group when it's all said and done. Eagles secondary fell apart after he left and Baltimore's has thrived with him this year. 

Sounds like a lot of teams are interested in him.

15 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Wow yeah, he has a pretty damn impressive resume in the secondary. 

15 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Have to admit I am not as down on Wink after reading the article below.  Some pretty crazy stuff.  I wasn't a big Wink guy, but has he interviewed for anyone at all?  I thought he ran a highly sought after scheme.

The truth behind Brian Daboll, Wink Martindale, Mike Kafka and the Giants’ drama

I like Wink's aggressive scheme, but there's a lot of chatter that he has quite the ego.  I'm not sure he's the right fit for LaFleur, but I'd like to see him interviewed at least.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I like Wink's aggressive scheme, but there's a lot of chatter that he has quite the ego.  I'm not sure he's the right fit for LaFleur, but I'd like to see him interviewed at least.

Obviously I have no direct knowledge, but it sure sounds like Daboll is quite a tool himself.  I do think the lack of interviews probably means there's some truth behind Wink's reputation as being difficult to work with.

• Like 1

The reason I would like to see Anthony Weavers is because of the work he has done up front for Baltimore. All of Baltimore's guys up front can ball. Justin Madubuike is one of the best interior defensive lineman in the NFL, Travis Jones is solid, and Jadevon Clowney arguably had one of the best seasons of his career. I want our front seven to be fearsome. Get pressure with 3 to 4 guys and then dominate the run game. I hope we interview him.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Cant say I know the ages of all the candidates....but would prefer a younger guy....to go with our young team. We've tried the old white guy(s) route. Time to switch gears.

Edited by Leader

3 hours ago, Haha21 said:

The reason I would like to see Anthony Weavers is because of the work he has done up front for Baltimore. All of Baltimore's guys up front can ball. ... I want our front seven to be fearsome. Get pressure with 3 to 4 guys and then dominate the run game. I hope we interview him.

Not sure the coach makes the front guys good.  But I admit I might prefer a DC guy with expertise with the front rather than a guy coming from the secondary?  I'd kinda love a guy who has expertise on creating pressure, including stunts and perhaps sometimes blitz.  And who has expertise on working with box guys to create pressure without grossly compromising run defense. 

Perhaps DC whose expertise is primarily secondary can still do that.  But I'm wondeing if maybe a front-expertise guy might better diagnose if our box coaches aren't necessarily getting the absolute most out of our box talent?  Or if a guy with expertise with front 7 might better recognize and recruit coaches with great expertise coaching linemen and linebackers? 

Seems like more of the names we've seen have come with background coaching secondary, though.