Boston College Head Coach Jeff Hafley is Packers New DC

2024 DC Search  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to be the next DC?

• Jeff Hafley
    • Jim Leonhard
    • Wink Martindale
    • Ejiro Evero
    • Christian Parker
    • Zach Orr
    • Jesse Minter
    • Anthony Weaver
    • Chris Hewitt
    • Al Harris
    • Larry Foote
    • Aden Durde
    • Dennard Wilson
    • Aubrey Pleasant
    • Brandon Staley
    • Joe Barry
    • Bobby Babich
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Leslie Frazier
    • Chris Harris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2024 at 01:07 AM

31 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

From a common sense standpoint, that makes no sense.  The job is yours but only if someone we want more comes along.  Why would the Packers even operate like that?

Right. This sort of talk would only ever happen in private between the relevant packers coaches and execs. You wouldn’t tell a candidate that they’re the guy “unless” - however, you might all agree in private that someone is hire-able, IF other interviews don’t work out or don’t impress. 

Guess this means Washington is almost certainly going to hire a defensive coach, Macdonald, Glenn, Weaver or Quinn at this point.

Seahawks probably going to do the same with either McDonald, Evero or Quinn.

Will have big ramifications with our DC search.

Edited by Chili

4 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Who knows?  Maybe Goff and/or an offensive stud(s) gets hurt or declines.  Lions will not have top 5 draft positions each round to replenish their team as they've had for years.  Their head coach has brought this team back to being relevant this year but he's had some bone headed decisions that have hurt them including their last loss.  Nothing is ever written in stone .. strike while the iron is hot.  Johnson turning down a couple of HC jobs may or may not be his last opportunity ... we'll see next year.    

They have Hooker in the Love role,  not sure they pay Goff in 25, maybe one franchised year,,..

22 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

They have Hooker in the Love role,  not sure they pay Goff in 25, maybe one franchised year,,..

I just don't remember too many 25-year-old rookie quarterbacks that make it in the NFL. I don't see Hooker breaking that trend. 

1 hour ago, jleisher said:

What about Mike Zimmer?

The almost 70 year old, hasn't held a meaningful coaching job since he was canned in 2021 after failing, didn't want shake the hand of our headcoach after losing a game Zimmer? Pass. 

4 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

McDaniels has proved to be terrible without Brady as his QB.  You think we'll be saying the same thing about Johnson without Goff?  Or that suddenly a pretty stacked DET offense is going to fall flat?  If you do, then I guess I understand your point.  Otherwise, I don't get it.

McDaniels was/is a terrible head coach because he's such an *******. We have no idea how Johnson is going to be as a head coach. We have no idea the situation Johnson might go into as a head coach. I think he was smart enough to know not to go to Washington. I've given him credit for that. 

Detroit falls off the map and Goff regresses, he might not be the shiny object everybody is looking to buy. 

Turning down Washington could be a double-edged sword. You never know what another year may bring for him. 

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I just don't remember too many 25-year-old rookie quarterbacks that make it in the NFL. I don't see Hooker breaking that trend. 

Yeah,  probably Nix and Penix , dim futures as well…they will be 24 by the time season starts….. only a year diff….QB play til 35 now though, so things may change… 

Edited by fattlipp