Boston College Head Coach Jeff Hafley is Packers New DC

2024 DC Search  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to be the next DC?

• Jeff Hafley
    • Jim Leonhard
    • Wink Martindale
    • Ejiro Evero
    • Christian Parker
    • Zach Orr
    • Jesse Minter
    • Anthony Weaver
    • Chris Hewitt
    • Al Harris
    • Larry Foote
    • Aden Durde
    • Dennard Wilson
    • Aubrey Pleasant
    • Brandon Staley
    • Joe Barry
    • Bobby Babich
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Leslie Frazier
    • Chris Harris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2024 at 01:07 AM

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

I can’t get it to work on mobile. If that’s because I’m stupid someone please enlighten me how to fix it lol

Copy the link and paste it somewhere else first like your text messages.  Change the link there, copy and then paste in FF. Works for me every time. 

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I can’t get it to work on mobile. If that’s because I’m stupid someone please enlighten me how to fix it lol

Also, not sure if webby and co are fixing this issue?

1. Click on the 3 Dots of the Twitter post.

2. Choose "Embed"

3. Scroll up and copy the twitter link it provides.  It's kind of hidden from the screen, but if you scroll up a slight bit it's there.

4. Paste that link into the post body on FF.  

5.  Click "Submit Replay".

Works for me every time on mobile phone.

The WAS search for a HC seems a lot like MLF's last DC search.  They thought they had their guy before they even started.  Now that guy has walked away and left them scrambling.  They'll be looking for another HC within 2 years. 

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

or Vrabel if you are @ChaRisMa

Bellichick is old enough to have earned a year off before making a final contract as strictly a head coach.

Vrabel could be stuck as a coordinator until he shows a high quality defense. If we hire Vrabel for one season and we go from the window to the wall, he’ll have earned a new job and we’ll have been heavily in contention for a shot to be Champs. 

Maybe Vrabel likes MLF and appreciates Green Bay’s style as an organization and the communities love for the team? I don’t know of any reporting on their relationship. Vrabel’s voice carries well in a locker room. He’s overqualified. We have attractive pieces and money. He’d clearly beat Joe Barry in any form of combat. Opposing players name him as someone that’s tough to beat. 

30 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Why would they fix if theres a super easy way to make it work?

Edited by HighCalebR

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I like what Jalen Ramsey had to say about Staley a few years back.

And Brian Bulaga is saying he's the worst coach he's ever played for.

Course, the difference may be HC versus DC, who knows.

I just know that when I see him and listen to him, he makes me cringe ala Gase.

45 minutes ago, Chili said:

Staley needs to be removed as an option so that LaFleur will naturally look elsewhere.

I'll be honest, I'm still trying to understand the mental gymnastics that people are using to completely remove Brandon Staley as a DC.  The Chargers' defense was horrible the last 3 years under Brandon Staley.  While I think he had a few elite talents (Joey Bosa, Khalil Mack, and Derwin James), I wouldn't really argue that they were flush with talent.  And Joey Bosa struggled with injuries the last 2 years.  And there's a LOT of people who are miserable managing a team as a HC AND doing the play calling.  I think there's a fair share of risk that his success with the Rams was affected heavily by Aaron Donald's presence, but the fact that the Rams' defense has regressed since Staley left speaks volumes to me.

Is he the DC hire that you're getting excited about?  Probably not.  Are there better candidates?  Sure.  But unlike the Joe Barry, there is a history of success.  It's limited.  But there's historical precedent of it.

32 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I doubt webby could do anything about it even if he wanted to.  The support for embedding twitter.com objects is baked directly into the forum software, and probably isn't something that can be customized.

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

If Vrable landed in GB (he won't) I think the most impressive thing about it would be GB's ability to keep it under the media radar.

I just don't see that being a match that makes sense for either side.  Same goes with Belichick.

47 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

he just runs phpbb on the site.  If phpbb updates their stuff and then if FF forums upgrade to that system, then possibly it will work with x.com.

it's a negative quality of life change, but it makes sense that the site isn't automatically embedding tweets from a website called x.com.

it might work if you go to twitter.com on your browser rather than using the twitter app on your phone?

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Rob Demovsky said on the radio his source says there are more candidates than what have been leaked. Said he couldn't get names but there are more than 5 candidates, which I think is a surprise to no one.

Assuming none of the mystery candidates were previous interviews from three years ago....

...and considering the profile and ages of the coaches we interviewed so far, I poured over all 32 teams coaching staffs and the names that has popped out which we haven't yet considered are Mike Rutenberg (Jets), Chris Shula (Rams), Renaldo Hill (Miami), Michael Hodges (Saints), Larry Foote (Tampa).

Also last time round for some reason we interviewed some old guy, maybe we will do it again so perhaps Leslie Frazier.

Edited by Chili