Boston College Head Coach Jeff Hafley is Packers New DC

2024 DC Search  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to be the next DC?

• Jeff Hafley
    • Jim Leonhard
    • Wink Martindale
    • Ejiro Evero
    • Christian Parker
    • Zach Orr
    • Jesse Minter
    • Anthony Weaver
    • Chris Hewitt
    • Al Harris
    • Larry Foote
    • Aden Durde
    • Dennard Wilson
    • Aubrey Pleasant
    • Brandon Staley
    • Joe Barry
    • Bobby Babich
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Leslie Frazier
    • Chris Harris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2024 at 01:07 AM

14 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

To go off this, it's a lot easier on the edges when they just have to worry about setting an edge and getting after the QB. 

The flipside of course is that if you can't get home with your rush, then you're vulnerable to slower developing routes (like crossers.) 

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The flipside of course is that if you can't get home with your rush, then you're vulnerable to slower developing routes (like crossers.) 

Good thing we got the 3rd(Wyatt) and 10th(KC) best pass rushing DTs to get pressure up the middle with Gary, LVN, P Smith and Brooks on the edge.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

He was McDuffie's HC for his last season as well (had a fantastic season). So there's familiarity there as well with a guy who might be a projected starter for us.

If you insert him for 42 on the cut ups I think you get a nice feel for what he's gonna look like.

Or I guess just go back and watch what duff was actually doing hahaha

Some unknowns going forward....but it feels like a weight's finally been lifted. The Defense is on the mend. There's a lot that I like about this hire and I'm looking forward to this guys plans being implemented.

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

At least we won't have to see 2 or 3 down lineman on the goalline anymore lol

better to let them run it in from the 1 for a TD than let them complete a pass 8 yds deep in the end zone. Gotta stop those chunk plays.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DamSamn said:

the writer of this piece also wrote another story explaining why Belichick would be the next best coach hire at BC...seriously.

You will find the homers with the least contact with reality in the realm of college sports ('sup TexAgs).  There are also some really smart people who have forgotten more about ball than you or I will ever know, but CFB is a land of contrasts.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Hope y'all treasure this off-season. It's a near-perfect storm for fan optimism and excitement:

New, young QB that looked like the MVP the final half of his first year starting

Team grew throughout year to the point where they likely should have beat a top 1/2 team in the league for a trip to the NFCCG

Excess draft capital

New, young DC with some strong resume points

This stage of hope in fandom is the best stage of fandom. Any subsequent success will further solidify our expectations. And expectations are the enemy of happiness.

Just win Packerefs are not limited to just Regular season. GB traditionally gets calls equal to browns in playoffs unless we are playing Dallas. 

Man, I must really not have a life because every Packers beat writer is like "who the heck is Jeff Hafley?!" and I'm like "dude, he was the Buckeyes co-DC when they popped off in 2019 ffs. How do you people not know this?"

• Like 6