Raiders DON'T hire Kliff Kingsbury as OC

RaidersAreOne

53 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Raiders fans better hope he works out. Mark will hire Gruden again if he doesn't. 

Well, I mean, Vince McMahon has now taken the torch as biggest documented POS in recent "sports" admin history... plus Mark Davis... so... anything's possible. *shrug emoji*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

How much of that is because the Quarterback didn't know the playbook though? I think this is a decent hire. I mean not enough to balance out having Telesco but this is a positive.

12 minutes ago, Leoric said:

How much of that is because the Quarterback didn't know the playbook though? I think this is a decent hire. I mean not enough to balance out having Telesco but this is a positive.

Probably a lot.

That said, Kliff + Kyler was Kliff's whole point of taking the Arizona gig to start with. I have my slight concerns over his ability to actually identify NFL talent and tailor as opposed to playing Madden Ultimate Team mode in real llife. He'll be our defacto main architect on offense, so that's a big deal to me. 

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Raiders should trade for Fields 

Staff has ties to Kyler Murray, Jayden Daniels and Caleb Williams.

If Fields is by far the cheapest investment then I'd be chill with that as long as we don't draft dog poop with the assets we keep.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

NO! You'll get Fields for a 2nd and like it!

I'm most definitely not against trading for Fields as I am somewhat of a fan who thinks a fresh start could do him wonders. 

However a 2nd is rich, especially considering he needs a new contract. A 3rd though, sure why not.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm most definitely not against trading for Fields as I am somewhat of a fan who thinks a fresh start could do him wonders. 

However a 2nd is rich, especially considering he needs a new contract. A 3rd though, sure why not.

What about a 2nd in the 2025 draft instead? (I'm using this for a potential mock   lol)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

NO! You'll get Fields for a 2nd and like it!

I think there's a good chance this is what will happen.

Far cheaper and easier to go after Fields than move up for Caleb, Maye or Daniels from where the Raiders are in the draft order.

I'm good with the Kinsbury hire. He wasn't my first choice, but considering the OC pool is relatively slim right now, this is fine.

• Like 1