Packers Prospect Visit Thread

pgwingman

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Character issues. Bounced around a bunch in HS and then again in college. 

Can probably cross him off their board then. GB doesnt go near these guys.

Burton has talent, he'll likely be a better pro than a college player production wise.  Played at two prime schools (Georgia and Bama).  Issue with him is the attitude.  Won't be as good as Geoge Pickens but he'll bring the same problems.  Don't see the Packers taking him but if they do they'll have to keep him in check.

Perfect example of why they check these guys out both on and off the field.

The Packers having Jermaine Burton in for a top 30 visit is really interesting.  He's legitimately the 4th most talented WR in this draft (and the other three guys are going in the top 10 probably), but you have all kinds of questions about the kid.  It would be a fascinating pick if they made it, and you get why they're doing their homework on him.

Like if Burton was 100% clean off the field, no way he gets out of the top 20.  He's very much not that guy though.

From a pure on-field only standpoint I still like Ladd, Coleman, Legette, and Thomas Jr. more than Burton. Wilson and Pearsall too depending on what you want in your WR. 

But the fact that they're doing their homework on Burton is interesting and smart in and of itself. 

I would say maturity concerns is a better choice of words for Burton. More "late for meetings, not going all out in practice" type concerns there than the usual context for "character issues" sounds like neither Alabama nor Georgia's staff were pounding the table for the kid at pro day, which probably leads to the need for more time with him 1-1. Much like Pickens, the visit either places him on our board, or takes him off it.

Booker is a really interesting one, we were told he's like the uber athlete freak who played very few snaps in college, then he tests and he's not a freak at all, middling athlete actually. Lance Zierlein has hyped him up with his Maxx Crosby comp and top 30 grade. For me, he's a mid round 4 guy for a 3-4 team, I'd honestly love to know what our reasoning is in this new system for using a 30 visit on him. I just don't see the fit at all unless he falls to the late 3rd and you just really like him as a sub package only guy.