Packers Prospect Visit Thread

pgwingman

43 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

Well this one makes me extremely happy.

Pat Kirwan (Sirius XM) absolutely loves this guy.  I've only read some things on him and the reports were that he was very raw.  But highly competitive and strong with plus athletic skills.  

Certainly a name to keep an eye on.

In honor of this lovely news, here's an updated list of visits and their consensus. Lots of movement.

22 - OT Amarius Mims, Georgia
24 - CB Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama
30 - OT Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
39 - LB Edgerrin Cooper, Texas A&M
43 - WR Xavier Legette, South Carolina
55 - Edge Marshawn Kneeland, Western Michigan
58 - DL Michael Hall Jr., Ohio State
73 - Edge Austin Booker, Kansas
82 - DL Maason Smith, LSU
83 - OL Kiran Amegadjie, Yale
95 - WR Jermaine Burton, Alabama
110 - LB Trevin Wallace, Kentucky
118 - RB Ray Davis, Kentucky
122 - OL Zak Zinter, Michigan
136 - CB Jarrian Jones, Florida State
138 - S Kitan Oladapo, Oregon State
160 - DL Khristian Boyd, Northern Iowa
165 - LB Ty’Ron Hopper, Missouri
230 - S/LB Jaylon Carlies, Missouri
292 - DB Omar Brown, Nebraska
317 - OL Donovan Jennings, USF
345 - OT Giovanni Manu, British Columbia
349 - S Akeem Dent, Florida State
362 - CB Ja’Quan Sheppard, Maryland
504 - QB Gavin Hardison, UTEP
506 - S Dell Pettus, Troy
NR - DB Chris Edmonds, Arizona State

4 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

If ever there was a decoy visit it has to be this dude!!!! Gute is baiting someone to trade up to 25

Back in October my thinking was if you aren't gonna let me have MHJr., I'll gladly take Legette 20-40 picks later. This was before I found out he was crazy about practice and the team leader that everyone raves about. 

I would be extremely happy with Legette.  

I haven't done a ton of looking at WRs this season.  Legette looks to me like something between DK Metcalf and Cordarrelle Patterson.  I would really like to have that tool in the tool box.  But I also really like Watson, Doubs, and Wicks, and I can't deny the effectiveness of Reed.  It seems like a pretty steep investment to replace the 5th WR.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I haven't done a ton of looking at WRs this season.  Legette looks to me like something between DK Metcalf and Cordarrelle Patterson.  I would really like to have that tool in the tool box.  But I also really like Watson, Doubs, and Wicks, and I can't deny the effectiveness of Reed.  It seems like a pretty steep investment to replace the 5th WR.

I think Legette doesn't fall past the top of the second, but this is a great draft to get a value pick either in the late second or third depending on who falls. 

I look at the WR room like the DL, Edge and CB rooms. I like a lot of what we have going on at each of those positions, and we could give the entire position a miss for the draft and be fine. But if the right player is available, I'd add to any of those rooms. 

Some of my favorites (in addition to Legette) are Ja'Lynn Polk in the late second, Devontez Walker or Jermaine Burton with one of our thirds, Luke McCaffrey in the 4th or Ryan Flournoy as early as the fifth. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Some of my favorites (in addition to Legette) are Ja'Lynn Polk in the late second, Devontez Walker or Jermaine Burton with one of our thirds, Luke McCaffrey in the 4th or Ryan Flournoy as early as the fifth. 

I am also curious to see what the list of available WR's will look like at 88/91.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

If ever there was a decoy visit it has to be this dude!!!! Gute is baiting someone to trade up to 25

This...

We'll draft a WR somewhere, but it'll be Day 3 most likely.

So it looks like of the the “30” we grabbed Cooper, Oladapo and Jennings as a preferred UFDA. Maybe there were others that weren’t reported. Two DL guys that popped onto my radar, Smith and Boyd seemed to be just out of reach. Once we hit that stretch on day 3 with no picks, I think several of these guys also went off the board.

I’ll keep a tab on this page, it’s not uncommon that a guy that was in for a visit comes back around like Ben Sims did last year. 

3 minutes ago, Refugee said:

So it looks like of the the “30” we grabbed Cooper, Oladapo and Jennings as a preferred UFDA. Maybe there were others that weren’t reported. Two DL guys that popped onto my radar, Smith and Boyd seemed to be just out of reach. Once we hit that stretch on day 3 with no picks, I think several of these guys also went off the board.

I’ll keep a tab on this page, it’s not uncommon that a guy that was in for a visit comes back around like Ben Sims did last year. 

Cooper, Hopper & Oladapo .. then Jennings as a UDFA.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Cooper, Hopper & Oladapo .. then Jennings as a UDFA.

Good catch, how could I forget with all the gripes about reaching for Hopper? That is the one reason I’m less worried about Hopper’s fit, they’ve had several sit downs with him and obviously like what he brings. People saying he went a round or 2 early, that’s not based on the reality of actual GM’s boards (clearly not Gutey’s) and if he is the player they hope he can be, it really doesn’t matter. 

47 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Good catch, how could I forget with all the gripes about reaching for Hopper? That is the one reason I’m less worried about Hopper’s fit, they’ve had several sit downs with him and obviously like what he brings. People saying he went a round or 2 early, that’s not based on the reality of actual GM’s boards (clearly not Gutey’s) and if he is the player they hope he can be, it really doesn’t matter. 

Oh it matters, there will be some that will still have hurt feeling and be complaining about it 10 years from now. 

6 hours ago, Refugee said:

Bullard, Williams and Pratt were combine interviews.  Glover had a meeting at 1 of the post season bowls