2018 Packer DEFENSE Discussion

squire12

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Oh he may be spot on, but I'm guessing MM doesn't appreciate it and the talk of sh** players cant sit too well throughout

He didn't name names so I don't care. Hopefully it makes guys (himself included) really focus on their 2017 performance and the reasons they play for.

HHCD is super close with Mike D and Randall. I don't think he has an issue with most guys in the locker room, I think he's just kind of talking out his you know what. I mean the guys getting interviewed cleaning out his locker after the worst season he's had in the NFL, it's not surprising to see the emotion there.

It's interesting that it's similar to what he said to Shields about playing the defense that was called.  Sounds like a lot of players were tuning out Dom and doing their own thing, i'm sure that's frustrating if you are the one doing what you are supposed to and the other players aren't being held accountable to it.  Makes me think Dom was just there more or less to invent formations and call plays not to coach.  If that's the case though where the heck was "assistant head coach-defense (or whatever)" Moss and where was McCarthy?  Is Mike not the head coach or does he just want to be an offensive coordinator?

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

He didn't name names so I don't care. Hopefully it makes guys (himself included) really focus on their 2017 performance and the reasons they play for.

HHCD is super close with Mike D and Randall. I don't think he has an issue with most guys in the locker room, I think he's just kind of talking out his you know what. I mean the guys getting interviewed cleaning out his locker after the worst season he's had in the NFL, it's not surprising to see the emotion there.

and he saved it until the season was over.

4 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

It's interesting that it's similar to what he said to Shields about playing the defense that was called.  Sounds like a lot of players were tuning out Dom and doing their own thing, i'm sure that's frustrating if you are the one doing what you are supposed to and the other players aren't being held accountable to it.  Makes me think Dom was just there more or less to invent formations and call plays not to coach.  If that's the case though where the heck was "assistant head coach-defense (or whatever)" Moss and where was McCarthy?  Is Mike not the head coach or does he just want to be an offensive coordinator?

I don't think anyone was going against calls, that wouldn't fly here.

I think from HHCDs actions on the field and comments last off-season he clearly had a Dom issue. Out of respect for Dom he brought the focus on the players in this interview, but you can see he clearly hints at some excitement to see what a new DC will bring.

41 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't think anyone was going against calls, that wouldn't fly here.

I think from HHCDs actions on the field and comments last off-season he clearly had a Dom issue. Out of respect for Dom he brought the focus on the players in this interview, but you can see he clearly hints at some excitement to see what a new DC will bring.

Randall said that exact thing though, that guys were not hitting their assignments and were not being held accountable for their mistakes. he was, but according to him, others were not. Thats 2 guys and thats a problem and apparently, it did fly here.

1 hour ago, tredpack said:

Whats worse? Kyler Fackrell ranking dead last, or at least one of our two starters not even cracking the top 50. Obviously not the end all be all, but it is fairly telling. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2751015-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-edge-rushers-from-2017-season

Not surprising at all. I mean across the board, who on our defense would be in the top 15-20 in the league at their position? Maybe Clark and Daniels but anyone else? 

28 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Whats worse, our defensive performance or people bashing our BACK UP OLB for the 10,000th time.

Jesus Christ people let it go.....there are bigger fish in the pond.

It's actually a very big issue, especially at a position like OLB. 

29 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Whats worse, our defensive performance or people bashing our BACK UP OLB for the 10,000th time.

Jesus Christ people let it go.....there are bigger fish in the pond.

Ha, funny. My buddy said the exact same thing about Ian Kenyon.  Totally agree with you, was trying to point out Clay and Perry not cracking the top 50 or even top 32 is what killed our defense not Kyler Fackrell being bad. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Not surprising at all. I mean across the board, who on our defense would be in the top 15-20 in the league at their position? Maybe Clark and Daniels but anyone else? 

Off of this season? Blake Martinez without a doubt. 

2 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Off of this season? Blake Martinez without a doubt. 

He's getting there. Maybe "yes" off of a single season, but as we saw with HHCD, a single season of success can mean next to nothing. Right now we have no idea who HHCD is based on the last 2 years. Hopefully Martinez doesnt take a step back.

31 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He's getting there. Maybe "yes" off of a single season, but as we saw with HHCD, a single season of success can mean next to nothing. Right now we have no idea who HHCD is based on the last 2 years. Hopefully Martinez doesnt take a step back.

27 on his Wonderlic.  I think the coaches were talking about giving him the defensive headset when he was a rookie.  The game is only going to slow down for him now.  Great linebacker to pair up with Clark, Daniels and (hopefully) Adams inside.

Archived