Week 16: VIKINGS (11-3) at Packers (7-7)

swede700

Packers also just re-sign their 3rd string QB Joe Callahan this afternoon after they released when activating Rodgers.

Don't know why they'd release him to make room for Rodgers then sign him to the active roster again. They'd have to make another roster move before Saturday. (Unless I'm missing something)

1 hour ago, perrynoid said:

It would be a public relations nightmare that I want no part of.

It'd be worse than the concussion stuff we had this year about letting players back into the game with minimal examination.

There would be so many questions as to why he was released to play when he wasn't ready to. Then from the Minnesota side, I'm 99% sure the Vikings would be labeled as purposely trying to hurt Rodgers.

12 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

honestly imagine the media if we were to re-injure him?

I like where we are now and sort of the afterthought in the media

I wouldn't worry about the media...I'd worry about the Packers' fans on Social Media.  

14 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i'm more concerned that it's late in the game, the Packers are growly, and try to hurt Bridgewater.

If the coaches are just packing it in and not playing Rodgers, I can't see the rest of the team caring enough to bother. 

Why should they do anything but the bare minimum to collect their paycheck if the coaches have decided the season is over?

19 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

If the coaches are just packing it in and not playing Rodgers, I can't see the rest of the team caring enough to bother. 

Why should they do anything but the bare minimum to collect their paycheck if the coaches have decided the season is over?

You are going to have guys using these games for their resumes and future jobs. If the backups play, they are going to want to show their worth, and starters who play that are on the final year of their deals, or fringe guys will be looking to do what they can to bolster themselves. Not making the playoffs probably means there will be more turnover on that team than we've seen recently, and guys with want to show that they can give it their all no matter the circumstances.

Archived