Week 16: VIKINGS (11-3) at Packers (7-7)

swede700

9 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

What was the 2015 game like at Lambeau? Lots of purple there too with both teams in the playoffs?

It was exciting. Usually is like that actually, but both teams in playoffs so it made it a little extra thrilling. 

Lambeau is is weird tho, feels like the most quiet stadium I’ve ever been too.

hard to compare it to any domes or anything, they are loud even when there is nobody there, whole different environment 

Case Keenum has done things this year he’s never done before, and he’s going to add to that list tomorrow night. The Vikings quarterback — who gets to play home games indoors after previously playing home games in a St. Louis dome, Los Angeles and Houston — has never started at a game when the temperature was below freezing.

Keenum: “I’m going to have a plan, as far as what I’m going to wear, but other than that it’s football; it’s cold for everybody. We’ve got to go out and execute.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/22/case-keenums-never-played-below-freezing/

Minnesota Vikings left tackle Riley Reiff has a chance to come back in the lineup Sunday after missing last week’s game against Cincinnati with an ankle injury. Reiff was limited in practice the last two days and is officially listed as questionable. Head coach Mike Zimmer did not rule him out or commit to him playing.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/12/riley-reiff-return-vs-packers/

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d still keep him out. There isn’t a defender on Green Bay that would worry me against Hill. Let Reiff get healthier for the playoffs. 

I'm not worried about GB, I'd be more worried about them just getting back to working together as a full line.  

Interesting comments here, gentlemen.  I had to laugh at some of you expressing concern about the outcome of this game.  There is no way you should lose Saturday night unless you really screw up.  The fact that only a couple of Packers fans have even bothered to come over here to talk about this game tells it all.  Our best player is on IR, our best WR is in concussion protocol, our starting RT is on IR and our TEs are sloths.  We have guys starting at corner who belong on somebody's practice squad and we are one of the worst at pressuring the QB.  We can't stop a screen to save our lives.  The only time our defense gets off the field is when our opponents score.  If you do give this one away then you'll have something to worry about going forward.

48 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Interesting comments here, gentlemen.  I had to laugh at some of you expressing concern about the outcome of this game.  There is no way you should lose Saturday night unless you really screw up.  The fact that only a couple of Packers fans have even bothered to come over here to talk about this game tells it all.  Our best player is on IR, our best WR is in concussion protocol, our starting RT is on IR and our TEs are sloths.  We have guys starting at corner who belong on somebody's practice squad and we are one of the worst at pressuring the QB.  We can't stop a screen to save our lives.  The only time our defense gets off the field is when our opponents score.  If you do give this one away then you'll have something to worry about going forward.

You may be right, but I can guarantee that's not Zimmer's mentality. His working assumption was that Rodgers would be starting anyway, until the Packers reported otherwise, and I know he'll have our guys ready for war. No divisional game in the NFC North is a gimme.

33 minutes ago, Frank Costello said:

From a report by  ESPN's Rob Demovsky it was a disturbance in the parking lot, not a bomb threat involving a couple of vehicles.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21848726/police-respond-situation-lambeau-field

Archived