Atlanta/PHI tampering resolution announced, p.7

vike daddy

I don't think the "tampering" influenced any decisions in any way but I get that the league has to maintain the appearance of caring about it.

As a fan, I definitely don't care about the dollar amount of the fines, they're pretty meaningless. The 5th rounder is a basically a slap on the wrist and no one will lose sleep over it. 

Ultimately, they should just allow negotiations to start the Monday or Tuesday after the Superbowl and get rid of the current non-sense rules. Anyone that then violates them in season should then face serious consequences with a loss of a first round pick for even the smallest infraction. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Dolphins fans have to be pissed. They lost a first, but the falcons only hit with a 5th.... Eesh. 

Completely different scenario the Dolphins were talking to directly and messing with people still under contract to other teams.   The falcons were already in the 2 day window of negotiations and had agreed to a contract with the players.  They weren't on another team and they only helped them set up travel arrangements and talked to them about the medical and pr side of things after they already agreed to a contract.   Which again as i said before should be legal to help a player do stuff like this if they already agreed to play for you on a contract.  This is just dumb at this point from the nfl to not allow the teams to do that once the contract is agreed to.     Either way a 5th is gucci and Florio can go cry now i would gladly give up a 5th round pick just to see that loser whine for a week or more.

17 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Dolphins fans have to be pissed. They lost a first, but the falcons only hit with a 5th.... Eesh. 

Miami lost a 1st and 3rd, (Brady and Payton), it doesn’t bother me Miami got punished. Aside from, my anger at the owner who is ultimately to blame for lacking any sense, it slightly bothers me that according to Goodell at the time it was supposed to send a message to the other clubs and further incidents would be dealt with harshly. So far everything since has been negotiated by the aggrieved parties, (an option Miami didn’t get), or was a slap on the wrist. Pretty toothless/inconsistent on Goodell’s part.

At the end of the day Miami’s punishment, irregardless if it was heavy handed relative to how the league now handles these things, was the owner’s fault.    

6 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

Miami lost a 1st and 3rd, (Brady and Payton), it doesn’t bother me Miami got punished. Aside from, my anger at the owner who is ultimately to blame for lacking any sense, it slightly bothers me that according to Goodell at the time it was supposed to send a message to the other clubs and further incidents would be dealt with harshly. So far everything since has been negotiated by the aggrieved parties, (an option Miami didn’t get), or was a slap on the wrist. Pretty toothless/inconsistent on Goodell’s part.

At the end of the day Miami’s punishment, irregardless if it was heavy handed relative to how the league now handles these things, was the owner’s fault.    

Well, let's see:

KC lost a 3rd and a 5th because they talked to Maclin months ahead of the window.

Miami spoke with Payton and Brady while still under contract with their teams with years remaining trying to see if they wanted to get ownership stakes.

Philly did nothing.

Atlanta had players set up PR, travel and medical after they were already agreed to terms, currently free agents that year and on the way to Atlanta already. 

Atlanta's was more inappropriate contact than actual tampering.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Sounds like a creative way to save face - can't fully prove the contact before, but Atlanta gave them somethin to use. 

More like, Atlanta contact didn't happen before. If they can't prove that it happened, it didn't happen. It's that simple. 

They're getting penalized for what they did do, but it's a slap on the wrist for a technicality. 

Edited by scar988

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

More like, Atlanta contact didn't happen before. If they can't prove that it happened, it didn't happen. It's that simple. 

giphy.gif 

• Like 3