2024 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

CWood21

SF's sweating on WR's. Thought Leggette was the better option.

3 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Only thing I'm disappointed in so far tonight was that nobody sabotaged the Vikes' and Chiefs' picks.

I like our Jordan Morgan pick though and tomorrow I suspect we'll be seeing ILB and CB for us

Depending on who's on the board TBH.

1 minute ago, badgers0821 said:

There’s plenty of opportunities for CBs later.

Honestly I had Morgan, Barton, Beebe remaining for day 1 starting OL remaining. There are still at least a half dozen CBs I’d be content to give CB2 snaps as they improve.

3 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Only thing I'm disappointed in so far tonight was that nobody sabotaged the Vikes' and Chiefs' picks.

I like our Jordan Morgan pick though and tomorrow I suspect we'll be seeing ILB and CB for us

Oh I think the Patriots and Falcons very much sabotaged the Vikings pick. They clearly wanted Maye. And They’ll never admit it, but rumors said they may have liked Penix more than McCarthy, and they put out a spin statement immediately saying they had McCarthy “slightly” ahead of Penix. Not sure why they would even bother with that statement if the reality weren’t the exact opposite. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Striker said:

I don't think that he would have been a lock to fall if other teams rated him 1st/2nd. SF could use a LT to get ready to replace Trent Williams. BAL, CAR, WAS, and NE all could use OTs. Seems like odds might be better a DB they like is still there vs. an OT.

except this class is deep at OT, like historically deep. We could've addressed it later - also, Morgan is not in the mold of Trent Williams by any stretch of the imagination.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Why?  He literally described him perfectly.

He has tighter hips than what you want and we're looking for guys who will be playing a lot of man coverage; not Cooper's best strength.

1 minute ago, Isherwood said:

Ricky Pearsall 1st rounder is wild to me 

Definitely a surprising 1st rounder.  He might just have the single best catch of the year this past year with his one-handed grab.

• Like 1