Eagles extend WR AJ Brown (3 years, $96M, $84M gtd)

14 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Take a look at his pre and post trade/cut in 2025. It’s drastic. 

I'm seeing 107 million for release in 2025 but only 45 million if we trade him.

Is that what you're referring to?

Also, who is trading for him if he has a bad year?

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm seeing 107 million for release in 2025 but only 45 million if we trade him.

Is that what you're referring to?

Also, who is trading for him if he has a bad year?

The different between his pre and post is impossible to deal-able. 

Even after a bad year, he’ll still be better than 10-12 QB situations. And the Eagles will still have a ready made SB offense waiting for a QB. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 7:57 PM, ninjapirate said:

Hurts was good last year 

I believe he ranked around  tenth or higher in everything but turnovers...not a good year. Blame the coaches all you want, but he was the one making decisions on the field. 

28 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I believe he ranked around  tenth or higher in everything but turnovers...not a good year. Blame the coaches all you want, but he was the one making decisions on the field. 

Brian Johnson couldn't scheme people open at all

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Brian Johnson couldn't scheme people open at all

Schemed enough to win 11 games. It's so easy to blame anyone but the players who actually have to execute the gameplan.  Also, didn't everyone BUT Hurts have career numbers? So the blaming coach thing makes little sense when you pull away from it all. 

6 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Schemed enough to win 11 games. It's so easy to blame anyone but the players who actually have to execute the gameplan.  Also, didn't everyone BUT Hurts have career numbers? So the blaming coach thing makes little sense when you pull away from it all. 

When you have talent like this team does of course he's gonna be able to win 11 games

If you actually paid attention to the routes the WRs were running, they were the most uninspired in terms of play design I'd ever seen. 

12 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

There's plenty of blame to go around especially the coaches and definitely Hurts.  Johnson Desai, and Patricia all proved to not be NFL caliber play callers.  That said, Hurts was not good last year.  Coaches were t scheming guys open, but even when they were Hurts was holding the ball and running himself into trouble, or in the case of anyone not named AJ, DeVonta, or Dallas flat out refusing to throw them the ball when they were wide open.

7 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

There's plenty of blame to go around especially the coaches and definitely Hurts.  Johnson Desai, and Patricia all proved to not be NFL caliber play callers.  That said, Hurts was not good last year.  Coaches were t scheming guys open, but even when they were Hurts was holding the ball and running himself into trouble, or in the case of anyone not named AJ, DeVonta, or Dallas flat out refusing to throw them the ball when they were wide open.

I agree both can and are true. Just nuts we can't blame the players. Patricia has a long history of success, but I do believe those years are behind him. The players towards the end of the year were changing plays in the huddle. That is ridiculous and didn't help the situation at all. I'm actually looking forward to the offense this year and see if Hurts goes back to 22 Hurts. But 21 and 23 Hurts doesn't work and so far that's the majority of his playing time 

2 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

But 21 and 23 Hurts doesn't work and so far that's the majority of his playing time 

Tbh it was pretty obvious that Hurts was banged up with a lower body injury since early on in the 2023 season. Running being a threat is  important to his game and that was nerfed last year. Think he also injured his middle finger in the last regular season game of the year before the Tampa playoff game. Would like to see him back at full strength with a better OC. He went from 7th (2022) to 13th in adjusted completion (min. 300 drop backs). Hopefully he’ll be able to crack that top 10 again but it won’t be easy with how many teams have competent to great QBs now. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy