First impressions: Best and worst picks thus far?

RaidersAreOne

I didn’t like the Darius Robinson pick in real time but it’s grown on me since then.  The Cards had the worst front-7 in the league and Turner, Verse, Latu and Murphy were gone by #27.  Monty looked at the corners remaining and thought one of them would be there at #35.  Newton falling I think shows teams think the foot issue is too significant for a 1st rd selection.  Robinson doesn’t have superstar potential but he’s versatile and can be a rock on the DL for a longtime.  Maybe I’m biased having watched Calais Campbell’s entire career. 

7 hours ago, Sad People said:

I know its a hot take and im yanging when everyone is yining on this but i really dont mind the Falcons taking Penix Jr with their pick THAT much. At the time i reacted like everyone else but after sleeping on it this is what i think about it.

I see it as them extending their window at winning football games. If they would of taken Turner or Murphy then i would look at the Falcons and think they have a 2 year window at wining it all, Now i look at them and think they have 6+ years at being legit contenders IF Penix Jr works out like i think he is going to be. Also Kirk is the epitome of QB purgatory so they will more than likely be picking in the 20 range when it comes to the draft so they might not be in this position again for awhile to take another QB while not having to sacrifice draft capital. 

You say extend their window but is there window even now given their current makeup ?

Are they even a Top-4 team in the NFC?

4 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

If you were planning on taking a QB at 8, you sign a one year bridge QB.  You don't give a guy 100 mil in guarantees.

Individually, neither move is bad.  Together, they are disjointed, dysfunctional, will split the locker room, clearly pissed off the owner, and show no ability to plan ahead.

They even wanted Kirk so bad they tampered too

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

The Jordan Love/MPJ comparison isnt the same. Rodgers kept talking retirement and was coming off a down year, Kirk just got there and they even tampered to get him

I think it’s a little forest for the trees. There were differences in the situations, but who was lauding GB for taking Love? The media was hammering them for once again not getting Rodgers receiving help, and declaring that the Packers must be mailing it in/should trade Rodgers. They were getting dragged through the mud, as are the Falcons now.

59 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You say extend their window but is there window even now given their current makeup ?

Are they even a Top-4 team in the NFC?

Theyre the best team in that division easily.

10 hours ago, swede700 said:

I thought it actually was kind of pointless for the Chiefs to trade up for him...and with the Bills of all teams.  No, I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I do live in the suburbs.  I am very, very pleased, however, with what the Vikings did. 

With the 49ers taking Pearsall at #31, it's clear the Chiefs were correct to move up. The only issue is whether they went a couple of picks too far.

8 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

When your team trades up for a future backup QB. The universe hates me, and my sports teams.

Given his volume of throws it's hard to have conviction on JJ honestly