First impressions: Best and worst picks thus far?

RaidersAreOne

I just dont get the Falcons....like was the worry Pennix WOULDNT fall to 8? haha....like if they wanted Pennix you gotta know he wasn't going before 8. Then you tampered with Cousins and give him that mega deal? They shoulda been in the Sam Darnold talks or something

3 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

I just dont get the Falcons....like was the worry Pennix WOULDNT fall to 8? haha....like if they wanted Pennix you gotta know he wasn't going before 8. Then you tampered with Cousins and give him that mega deal? They shoulda been in the Sam Darnold talks or something

Are you saying they pooped their pants?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Do they? "I don't get the Penix pick when they signed Kirk Cousins" is the most common answer in the thread. And on one hand I get it because both moves combined are hilariously dumb, but to me people are getting it backwards.

Signing Kirk Cousins is dumb when you have the 8th pick in the draft and think there are 4 franchise QBs on the board.

I think we're arriving at just about the same location even if the GPS took us different routes to get there. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Honest question...when was the last time the Broncos drafted a QB who was any good?

They didn't even draft Elway. Plummer?

Plummer was drafted by the Cardinals

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Plummer was drafted by the Cardinals

Someone caught me on the last page, totally forgot that.

We're in the midst of a Denver QB draft run of Tebow-Paxton Lynch-Brock Osweiler-Swag Kelly-Drew Lock-Bo Nix idk if this is getting talked about enough

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Someone caught me on the last page, totally forgot that.

We're in the midst of a Denver QB draft run of Tebow-Paxton Lynch-Brock Osweiler-Swag Kelly-Drew Lock-Bo Nix idk if this is getting talked about enough

Generational run

• Like 4

3. Chargers: Taking Alt to play RT, on a team that just broke the bank for Herbert, when Malik Nabers was there shows a really, really dumb offensive philosophy for the team LA has.  And I think Alt is a top player, so the value is obviously fantastic.

Not really. Harbaugh doesn't value receiver like that. 

Just now, game3525 said:

Not really. Harbaugh doesn't value receiver like that. 

They would have gone Rome at WR over Nabers anyways if they went that route. Nabers got some diva to him whereas Rome is about as much of a football guy as you could have wanted.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

They would have gone Rome at WR over Nabers anyways if they went that route. Nabers got some diva to him whereas Rome is about as much of a football guy as you could have wanted.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Nabers was third in their WR rankings. MHJ is a cleaner prospect and Rome is very similar to Keenan in terms of mindset and playing style. 

Edited by game3525
  • Like 1

The supply of high end OTs in the NFL is much lower than the supply of WRs. 

If you want an OT, you'd have to trade for them, and I don't even think any of them are for trade. Meanwhile Higgins, Aiyuk, Deebo etc are all on the market

I have no problem with LAC taking Alt aside from maybe trading down but you run the risk of TEN taking him.

4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Do they? "I don't get the Penix pick when they signed Kirk Cousins" is the most common answer in the thread. And on one hand I get it because both moves combined are hilariously dumb, but to me people are getting it backwards.

Signing Kirk Cousins is dumb when you have the 8th pick in the draft and think there are 4 franchise QBs on the board.

Well this was the plan though according to their GM. They literally called to the Packers formula in their Press Conference and said that wanted to use that as a model. If that is the case.... They are just unbelievably idiotic. You could spin this if they had gotten a guy like Maye, but Penix played in CFB forever and is 24. Now they are wasting two+ years of his rookie deal with Kirk as the starter... I just don't understand it. The logic and process are so flawed.