First impressions: Best and worst picks thus far?

RaidersAreOne

Penix is the worst. It does nothing to help the Falcons in the immediate future and idk why you spend all that money on Kirk and not make it a priority to give that team more ammunition to try to make some sort of run. If this were a second round pick, sure whatever. But there was real talent they could get. If I'm Cousins, I'm seriously pissed off. 

Odunze is probably the best based on how everything just went right for the Bears to get their QB and a high end WR prospect. The other option is the Chargers grabbing Alt. Anything that can help Herbert stay upright and have time is a good thing

• Like 7

I'll be the guy you can all quote and say is an idiot.

The Falcons obviously made a mistake by spending $100MM and a top 10 pick on QBs. But the mistake was signing Cousins to a massive contract, not taking Penix. If you want to win anything that matters, Kirk Cousins isn't enough at QB. The sooner they move on, the better.

I'm not saying they are brilliant or anything, the overall offseason was dumb as hell. All I am saying is $60MM in future dead money should not keep a team from getting a franchise QB.

• Like 8

Favorites:
Caleb Williams to Bears
Jayden Daniels to Commanders
Marvin Harrison to Cardinals
Malik Nabers to Giants
Tailese Fuaga to Saints
Dallas Turner to Vikings
Troy Fautanu to Steelers
Quinyon Mitchell to Eagles
Terrion Arnold to Lions
Graham Barton to Buccaneers

Least Favorites:
Joe Alt to Chargers (edit to clarify I like Joe Alt. I view him as a plus pass protection LT exclusive. The Chargers have a high end young LT and want to run the ball. Tailese Fuaga was the correct choice imo and likely could have been had with a small trade down [ie. small comp but 11+ stuff from Vikings for JJ], but even if not still think it's correct.)
JC Latham to Titans
Michael Penix to Falcons (I'm fine with it if they didn't have Kirk, but like... you do now what)
Chop Robinson to Dolphins
Xavier Worthy to Chiefs
Ricky Pearsall to 49ers

Edited by Trojan

I mean the worst pick is just Penix to the Falcons. What a disaster. Why pay Kirk all that money and then use the 8th pick on a QB who is 24 years old????? Absurd.

I love what the Cards did. MHJ and Darius Robinson is a killer first round.

• Like 2

Best: Seattle taking Murphy

Worst: Falcons taking Penix. Seriously WTF, man!

-Signed Cousins to a big deal

-Penix is an older prospect and likely won't take any snaps till his 26-27

-They aren't even going to be able to take advantage of Penix's rookie contract.

Just pure incompetence. I don't know why Arthur Blank kept these clowns around. 

• Like 1

if Kirko Chainz blows out another achilles or some other important body part, then drafting Penix will look smart. or at least lucky.

but yes, you don't draft with injuries in mind to the player ahead of them on the roster.

PS: Viking fans are very pleased with their picks.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'll be the guy you can all quote and say is an idiot.

The Falcons obviously made a mistake by spending $100MM and a top 10 pick on QBs. But the mistake was signing Cousins to a massive contract, not taking Penix. If you want to win anything that matters, Kirk Cousins isn't enough at QB. The sooner they move on, the better.

I'm not saying they are brilliant or anything, the overall offseason was dumb as hell. All I am saying is $60MM in future dead money should not keep a team from getting a franchise QB.

That sounds nice but there is a lot to doubt about the old, injury flagged, 5th ranked QB being taken 8th before getting into him sitting 2 years and being drafted by a team spending $40+ mil on a QB they signed a month ago.

Latham was my worst. I think Penix is gonna be good so while it was bizarre to see Atlanta prioritize QB in their current window, I think it’s a good selection ultimately.

Just now, Mox said:

That sounds nice but there is a lot to doubt about the old, injury flagged, 5th ranked QB being taken 8th before getting into him sitting 2 years and being drafted by a team spending $40+ mil on a QB they signed a month ago.

They're not sitting him 2 years. Cousins is getting cut after this season and the Falcons are going to eat $60MM in dead cap money to do it. It's bad roster building and a $100MM free agent mistake.

It's not necessarily a bad draft pick.

• Like 1