Titans draft DT Tvondre Sweat At 38

12 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

Well let's just hope that impact isn't his car hitting someone off the field

He didn’t hit anyone with his car, someone ran into the back of him. He was barely over the alcohol limit. 

9 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

He didn’t hit anyone with his car, someone ran into the back of him. He was barely over the alcohol limit. 

They have the blood results already? Those normally take months.

I haven’t been able to find anything showing the results.

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

The fact that he was over the limit at all, so close to to his Draft day, is what's concerning. Who cares if he was completely wasted or not? Seen someone on youtube mentioning it actually happened the day before he was supposed to meet with us. Pretty crazy.

1 hour ago, Kookie23 said:

Well let's just hope that impact isn't his car hitting someone off the field

Not taking up for anyone but let's get facts straight. He got hit. He didn't hit anyone.

There is a difference. 

Depending on your state it's different penalty. Based on various BAC limits. 

One could be a fine and don't even have your license revoked vs obviously a harsher penalty. 

Either way it's a dumb thing to have. 

Edited by KingTitan

7 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

It's dumb for sure. Definitely not going to hate him his whole career here just because of a dumb mistake he made in college. Jeffery Simmons has turned out alright and what he did was much worse

It's the dumb part that concerns me. DUI is definitely not an unforgivable offense, others have done much worse. It's when he did it that makes it dumb, and it's worrying that a guy we're placing quite a lot of faith in showed so little concern of his NFL future.

2 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

It's the dumb part that concerns me. DUI is definitely not an unforgivable offense, others have done much worse. It's when he did it that makes it dumb, and it's worrying that a guy we're placing quite a lot of faith in showed so little concern of his NFL future.

I agree. It's dumb. And terrible timing for him. Also I guarantee you there are so many other NFL players driving this very night and every single night when they probably shouldn't be. College players too. Heck regular people too lol

1 hour ago, Justin615$ said:

It's dumb for sure. Definitely not going to hate him his whole career here just because of a dumb mistake he made in college. Jeffery Simmons has turned out alright and what he did was much worse

I won’t say what Jeff did was much worse I don’t agree with ever hitting a woman but put yourself in his shoes, your mother & sister are being jumped by a bunch of women how would you respond at 17. That’s a F’d up situation to be in 

Finally did find his BAC was 0.105, which yeah, isn’t that bad. 0.08 is the legal limit, but his isn’t high enough to trigger mandatory heightened sentencing.

Still really dumb to do in the period when you’re supposed to be on your best behavior, but not awful.

Still don’t think he’s a 3 down player though, so doesn’t change much for me.

1 hour ago, Andrei01 said:

The fact that he was over the limit at all, so close to to his Draft day, is what's concerning. Who cares if he was completely wasted or not? Seen someone on youtube mentioning it actually happened the day before he was supposed to meet with us. Pretty crazy.

You do know you can have a couple drinks & can fail an alcohol test if the ain’t been over a couple of hours. 

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Finally did find his BAC was 0.105, which yeah, isn’t that bad. 0.08 is the legal limit, but his isn’t high enough to trigger mandatory heightened sentencing.

Still really dumb to do in the period when you’re supposed to be on your best behavior, but not awful.

Still don’t think he’s a 3 down player though, so doesn’t change much for me.

easy to judge from a far he could’ve been out to eat & had 2 drinks. Perfectly fine on his way home & someone hits him & you can point the finger he should’ve been on his best behavior.. I think he is a 3 down player only thing holding him back is conditioning because apparently he played 3 downs at Texas & led the D line in snaps played, so yeah.

20 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I couldn't get on this site for about a day. I'm glad I missed the intiial hate of the pick. 
It makes sense. We needed someone at DT. DT is one of the hardest positions to translate to me. You can get by with athletic ability very easily in college, but you can't teach size. 
Sweat has the size that translates and movement skills needed for the position. 
Value aside, it's a good pick. 
I don't care what the media or the fans thought he should have got picked at. Fans and media were wrong about JJ McCarty and Pennix. They didn't change up until they started talking to people. 
Sweat doesn't have a lot of wow to him now but like was said earlier, if during the season he is clogging the middle and allowing Big Jeff to eat, we will sure appreciate him then. 

People loved Tart. Not like he was a sack machine either. 

If you were getting the blank page and the url switching to the weird admin link, using a different browser fixed it for me. I use FireFox and was having that issue for like 24-48 hours, but it worked fine on Chrome. Firefox fixed itself, but apparently clearing cache worked for others to fix it immediately.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

easy to judge from a far he could’ve been out to eat & had 2 drinks. Perfectly fine on his way home & someone hits him & you can point the finger he should’ve been on his best behavior.. I think he is a 3 down player only thing holding him back is conditioning because apparently he played 3 downs at Texas & led the D line in snaps played, so yeah.

He is a big guy. I don't drink but I've been told that impacts your tolerance. 

It's all excuses, but also taking in account all the facts.  Don't know how far he was from home. And looking at the legal limit, is that difference between 2 beers 2 beers and half?

So if he was one swig away from the legal limit, is that really a problem?
Anyway.

I think we are getting a motivated guy and excited to see what is possible with him and Jeff. 

• Like 1