Titans draft DT Tvondre Sweat At 38

5 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

If you were getting the blank page and the url switching to the weird admin link, using a different browser fixed it for me. I use FireFox and was having that issue for like 24-48 hours, but it worked fine on Chrome. Firefox fixed itself, but apparently clearing cache worked for others to fix it immediately.

Yeah. It was blessing in disguise. It was pretty stress-free viewing of the draft without trying to defend a pick.lol

But I also was sad because i had nowhere to talk Titans football. lol

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

He is a big guy. I don't drink but I've been told that impacts your tolerance. 

It's all excuses, but also taking in account all the facts.  Don't know how far he was from home. And looking at the legal limit, is that difference between 2 beers 2 beers and half?

So if he was one swig away from the legal limit, is that really a problem?
Anyway.

I think we are getting a motivated guy and excited to see what is possible with him and Jeff. 

That’s all I’m saying look into the facts, for the titans to hear his story & still draft him after they said they have guys off their board do to character concerns. It’s easy to judge & point the finger & call someone immature outside looking in.

Not much sense in trying to make excuses for it. If you're going to drink enough to where the possibility even exists that you could be impaired, you don't drive.

It's not a difficult concept. Uber, lyft, friends, family, etc are all an app press or phone call away.

Doesn't mean he's a god awful human being or anything, but no reason to minimize the stupidity of the choice.

• Like 4

Again a person can drink 2 drink, who goes out to eat & don’t have maybe 2 beers or 2 margaritas. & you’re nowhere close to being impaired not even buzzed but if enough time hasn’t pass by & you take a blood alcohol test you may or may not fail. It happens I’ve been in the same situation before I passed my sobriety test but failed a breathalyzer test & that’s the only reason the officer let me go & didn’t give me a DWI. I was 22 left a bachelor round 3 am & the police were stereotyping us watching us from across the street from a Burger King. I had 3 drinks wasn’t buzzed wasn’t drunk we had a wedding to attend at 11. Anyhow the police officer said why you lie & said you haven’t been drinking. I told him because you was ready to lock me up & say I was drunk. I was slightly over the limit by a hair. 

40 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Again a person can drink 2 drink, who goes out to eat & don’t have maybe 2 beers or 2 margaritas. & you’re nowhere close to being impaired not even buzzed but if enough time hasn’t pass by & you take a blood alcohol test you may or may not fail. It happens I’ve been in the same situation before I passed my sobriety test but failed a breathalyzer test & that’s the only reason the officer let me go & didn’t give me a DWI. I was 22 left a bachelor round 3 am & the police were stereotyping us watching us from across the street from a Burger King. I had 3 drinks wasn’t buzzed wasn’t drunk we had a wedding to attend at 11. Anyhow the police officer said why you lie & said you haven’t been drinking. I told him because you was ready to lock me up & say I was drunk. I was slightly over the limit by a hair. 

You think a 365 lb college student can have 2 beers and blow 0.105?

24 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

You think a 365 lb college student can have 2 beers and blow 0.105?

Notice I said 2 beers or 2 drinks, you skipped the 2 drinks yes 2 drinks because a drink can be strong as ever depending on how much liquor the bartender pouring 

32 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Notice I said 2 beers or 2 drinks, you skipped the 2 drinks yes 2 drinks because a drink can be strong as ever depending on how much liquor the bartender pouring 

Lol yes, the two drinks could have been in a 60oz yeti filled to the brim with grey goose, technically.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Lol yes, the two drinks could have been in a 60oz yeti filled to the brim with grey goose, technically.

2 drinks doesn’t even have to be a 60 oz it’s all about the content of the alcohol & how many shots put in your drink. You can have 2 drinks each drink 8oz But the bartender put 2 double shots, so that’s 4 shots of something pretty strong  let’s say like casamigos, which is 40% alcohol in each drink. That can do it. 

Edited by TitanRedd

25 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

2 drinks doesn’t even have to be a 60 oz it’s all about the content of the alcohol & how many shots put in your drink. You can have 2 drinks each drink 8oz But the bartender put 2 double shots, so that’s 4 shots of something pretty strong  let’s say like casamigos, which is 40% alcohol in each drink. That can do it. 

So not really 2 drinks then, since you're describing doubles.

24 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

So not really 2 drinks then, since you're describing doubles.

It’s really still 2 drinks, the shots are mixed in the drink. Not being a smart a$$ or a d!ck but to any of my drinkers, who go to bars they have a relationship with the bartender & they tip the bartender good cause you know them drinks not gone be watered down & they gone hit. 

8 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

You do know you can have a couple drinks & can fail an alcohol test if the ain’t been over a couple of hours. 

Yes, he should know that too, is my point. Especially less than a month removed from his Draft day. 

11 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Not taking up for anyone but let's get facts straight. He got hit. He didn't hit anyone.

There is a difference. 

Depending on your state it's different penalty. Based on various BAC limits. 

One could be a fine and don't even have your license revoked vs obviously a harsher penalty. 

Either way it's a dumb thing to have. 

Let me put my serious hat on for a second. You've always been the most positive, reasonable person on this forum in my opinion, so I will be as respectful as I can when I say my piece here.

To me, whether he hit someone or not is completely irrelevant to the issue here. When someone decides to get behind the wheel of a giant hunk of metal going at speeds that can kill someone, that is a selfish, reckless decision. The exact number over the legal limit is also irrelevant to me. 

I partied plenty in high school and college, and not once was I ever in a situation where I needed to drive home afterwards. There are always options. If he had been caught smoking weed or something, assuming he wasn't driving, that's a "mistake." Nobody is in danger but your reputation. Very forgivable. 

It sucks, because now no matter how he turns out as a player, I'm always going to give him the side-eye. I'll never really be "ok" with him being here. I pretty vocally hated our draft except for Latham, but even with other guys I can at least say, "I hate the pick, I hate the position there, but there's a chance he'll be somebody." With Sweat though, I just don't see myself ever being supportive. Dude could win Rookie of the Year, terrorize the league and break the rookie sack record, and my first thought will be, "Hope he doesn't celebrate too hard."

Is that fair to him? Maybe not. I don't think it was fair to the people I've known who've been hit by drunk drivers either. I know people on both sides of this issue. One thing I've noticed is that drunk drivers rarely get caught their first time doing it, and they rarely stop after getting caught the first time.

I'm not telling anyone they're not allowed to like him as a player or whatever, that's ok. He could live it down. But if you ask me, when I see his picture I honestly resent that we took him so high. Feels like we're rewarding him.

I'm sure personal experience is influencing my opinion, but I don't think I'm being unreasonable.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

It’s really still 2 drinks, the shots are mixed in the drink. Not being a smart a$$ or a d!ck but to any of my drinkers, who go to bars they have a relationship with the bartender & they tip the bartender good cause you know them drinks not gone be watered down & they gone hit. 

I'm also not trying to be a smart *** or anything, but we've now gone from "2 beers or 2 drinks" to "well, I didn't mean 2 beers for him, but actually 2 doubles" (so the alcohol content of 4 drinks") to "he might drink so much at this bar that he has a good relationship with the bartender and they'll give him extra alcohol in each drink."

I get that he's a kid and made a mistake, but rationalizing or minimizing it is the worst thing people can do for him.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1